cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan44762000
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Cant wait to cancel in augast !

had enough of this pathetic excuse for a youview box , this is my second one.

first one was slow unresponsive and needed a reboot every few days and then eventually a factory reset which would cure it for a few more days.

got it replaced and now this one does the same thing, they want to send a engineer out to do a factory reset and see if the box is faulty - i can tell them right now it will be fine after the factory reset and work for a few days flawlessly and then slow down and become unresponsive.

only have to check the various forums to see this box is awful .

have seen that they now have a smaller , faster much more responsive box model but they wont send me one unless i pay £40 for upgrade.

my contract runs out in augast and i will be so glad to say goodbye to this dreadful piece of rubbish. equiptment must be fit for purpose ! and this box is not fit for purpose.

do i have a case to claim against BT for supplying a box that is not fit for purpose and not have to pay the remainder of my contract and leave early without charge  ? ?

told them i would entertain them with the engineer visit if they pay for my day off work but they wouldnt do that . why should i take a day off work for them to send engineer out to do what i have already done, the box to work for few days and then start playing up again  ?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Cant wait to cancel in augast !

Why not take up the £40 offer and sell the other box (you will make more than £40 for it) and the new box is loads better and £200 retail....

If you asked others on this forum there would be plenty that would jump at the chance of the new box for £40 when half way through a contract...

0 Ratings
dan44762000
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

because by me paying £40 it is saying that there is nothing wrong with my box and there is ! 

it is not fit for purpose and it should be upgraded for free. if i do not get the free upgrade i will be cancelling in augast out of principal.

BT are not the only provider out there . sooner they realise this the better.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 21

Problem is you either pay lots more or get possibly an even worse box....Obviously you have your choice.

I am sure if you complain you will get another box (there are thousands of us with that old box that use it without any real issues so you cannot say it is not fit for purpose). I was just saying the extra £40 gets you a much better box.

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 21

Definitely worth the upgrade cost. Sold my old humax for 85 so quids in and got a much faster box. Happy days.
0 Ratings
dan44762000
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

ok from reading this and various other forums across the internet it is funny how the same fault keeps coming up , unresponsive and sluggish box`s.

having to reboot and factory reset something every few days does not equate too "its fit for purpose" .

i guess i am the incredibly unlucky person who had two box`s with identical faults .

and even if i got a free box i would never sell this pile of junk on to someone knowing what i know , possibly my biggest enemy could buy it from me but anyone else and i would have to decline as i wouldnt want to inflict this terrible thing on to them.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 21

I can understand what you are saying. I have both box's and although in general I found the old one 'ok', I did need to do a hard reset about once a week as i found that, particularly if I was viewing a lot on the BT on demand section, it would start to slow down and almost stop at times (never had to do a factory reset though in all my time with it).

The new box is much better, still the odd flaw but in general very good especially compared to navigating around on the old box. I go back to the old one now and again and you really then notice the difference 🙂

I still found the old box is pretty good as a plain free to air viewer and recorder so there are still many people that would be happy with it as a purchase but obviously that is your decision....

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 21

@dan44762000 wrote:

ok from reading this and various other forums across the internet it is funny how the same fault keeps coming up , unresponsive and sluggish box`s.

having to reboot and factory reset something every few days does not equate too "its fit for purpose" .

i guess i am the incredibly unlucky person who had two box`s with identical faults .

and even if i got a free box i would never sell this pile of junk on to someone knowing what i know , possibly my biggest enemy could buy it from me but anyone else and i would have to decline as i wouldnt want to inflict this terrible thing on to them.

Well my friend, if I pm you my address can you send it of to me as a freebieSmiley LOL

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Robwg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

I think the software has memory leaks that dont manifest themselves immediately.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 21

Hi dan44762000,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re having so many problems with the box. I’ll be happy to take a look at this for you if you like. Just drop me an email with your details. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings