Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan44762000
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: Cant wait to cancel in augast !

it not worth my time,

you want to send engineer to my home to do a factory reset,which will work and he wiill think his job is done but then three days later i have a slow,sluggish,non responsive piece of junk again.

you will replace like for like even though this forum is full of ppl with same issues and a new much improved box is available.

but rather than keep me as a customer and replace this box with the latest model you would rather i am unhappy with my box , causing me to complain and passing on my negative feedback to friends and family.

the buisness model is poor to say the least.

as previously stated i cannot wait to leave . 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 21

You're being foolish not taking DavidM up on his offer of help. These guys do a grand job resolving our issues so give him a chance.

toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 21

@TimCurtis wrote:

You're being foolish not taking DavidM up on his offer of help. These guys do a grand job resolving our issues so give him a chance.

Have to agree.

If the OP is having to wait till August he might as well let the Mods try and sort out the problem. In August he can then decide what to do.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
caspre12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

Well Iv'e cancelled! Woudlnt get a new Youview box if took up new contract, so said I wouldnt renew TV and stick with box on its own. But was then told I need to pay £5 a month to access Freeview still on my old box? And was told I wasnt allowed a new home hub as these cost £150 each? Overall bag of **bleep**e how BT treat existing customers. I have sympathy with OP

0 Ratings
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 21

@caspre12 wrote:

Well Iv'e cancelled! Woudlnt get a new Youview box if took up new contract, so said I wouldnt renew TV and stick with box on its own. But was then told I need to pay £5 a month to access Freeview still on my old box? And was told I wasnt allowed a new home hub as these cost £150 each? Overall bag of **bleep**e how BT treat existing customers. I have sympathy with OP

You don't need to pay £5pm to access Freeview channels or to pause. record or rewind. This used to be be true of the Vision boxes but it's not clear why staff continue to say it about the YouView ones. If you agreed to pay, I'd complain. If not, the box will work just fine.

As for the new hub, I don't think any ISP gives out a new free router each time a customer renews. 

0 Ratings
caspre12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 21

@MartinSW wrote:

@caspre12 wrote:

You don't need to pay £5pm to access Freeview channels or to pause. record or rewind. This used to be be true of the Vision boxes but it's not clear why staff continue to say it about the YouView ones. If you agreed to pay, I'd complain. If not, the box will work just fine.

As for the new hub, I don't think any ISP gives out a new free router each time a customer renews. 

Thats what I thought! Can't believe they are using these scare tatics to keep their subscriber numbers up! Luckily i didnt, when he asked what I would do as the box wouldnt work I just said watch catch up on ipad.

Thought it be worth a punt but nevermind, switching over now

0 Ratings
dan44762000
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

two people have looked at it (not mods from here) first one said they will get a new box sent out to me , i thought great but when it did not arrive i phoned up to be told that the information i was given was incorrect and that i would need a engineer to come out blah blah blah .

i know what the engineer will do i have been through all that before and yes it works fine for few days and then the problems all start up again . where they will no doubt give me a third **bleep** slow sluggish not fit for purpose box which i DONT want .

i have no doubt that in augast when i phone to cancel they wont be able to send me a new box fast enough but then it will be too late .

i am not using my youview box as it is such a awful experiance i would rather not bother with it at all .

its not a case of i dont want help its more a case of i cant be bothered to have my time wasted with engineer visits that loose me a days work for the outcome to be what i can achieve myself with a factory reset.

marc2629
Beginner
Message 18 of 21

Couldn't agree more. The hardware is not fit for purpose. No amount of factory resets or like for like box replacements will make that statement untrue!
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 21

@marc2629 wrote:
Couldn't agree more. The hardware is not fit for purpose. No amount of factory resets or like for like box replacements will make that statement untrue!

Nope, but it being untrue makes it untrue. Don't assume that because a few people have problems that everyone does. Many of us are happily using our Youview boxes with no problems.

TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 21

I think my Youview boxes are great!

My only problem is that the broadcasters show so much drivel - but thats not BT or Youviews problem!

Tim

0 Ratings