shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 29

Capped

Swear my broadband is getting capped I used to get 57/58 down and now I only get 49 and always 49... Even when I reboot Modem/Hub I still only get 49 down. And It wont go 1 over. Really does seem like a CAP to me and its **bleep** if it aint because its acting like there is... 

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
ryant704
Guru
Message 2 of 29

Re: Capped

The DLM will set your line to be stable over trying to send speed down it with a high amount of errors. You should always look at having stability as it will lead in the long run to be a faster service rather than download speeds going all over the place. Your line may have been stable but conditions can always change and increase noise on the line, street lamps, faulty equipment within your home, etc..

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 29

Well my connection has been up for 23days so far so you can't say its not exactly stable... Is there anyway to reset the DLM?
0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 4 of 29

@shought wrote:
Well my connection has been up for 23days so far so you can't say its not exactly stable... Is there anyway to reset the DLM?

In respect 23 days is not a long time and no there is no way to reset the DLM.

RogerB
Guru
Message 5 of 29

No .... it doesn't need to be reset.

It's doing just fine .... and giving you the MSR.

MSR = Maximum Stable Rate. (for the line condition)

😉

0 Ratings
shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 29

Rofl there must be a way to reset it 

0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 29

I believe that there is, but BT won't do it unless your speed drops to a very low rate (under c. 12 mbps)!

I have tried to get mine re-set after power cuts which have caused DLM to reduce my rates, but even the mods don't want to know!

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 8 of 29

@RichRolls wrote:

I believe that there is, but BT won't do it unless your speed drops to a very low rate (under c. 12 mbps)!

I have tried to get mine re-set after power cuts which have caused DLM to reduce my rates, but even the mods don't want to know!

I'm talking from his powers, he has no way to reset it. Only an Engineer can reset and there is a very very very slim chance would even consider resetting his IP profile.

0 Ratings
RogerB
Guru
Message 9 of 29

Any product, whether ADSL or VDSL will only be reset .... on the condition it has met two criteria.

First, that it has fallen to the FTR ....  Fault Threshold Rate.

and second, that the line has been repaired or attended to by Openreach for a registered fault.

shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 29

Ohhh my that's stupid. ADSL they would change my profile etc anytime I want...
0 Ratings