Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Carlisle - Will my area get Infinity?

Hi there.

I currently have normal broadband (not with BT) and my speed is up to 8mb but I am lucky to get even half of that. I live in Harraby in Carlisle and I know some areas of Carlisle has recently had work done. I was wondering if the rest of the areas will eventually get Infinity if so any idea when and if not why? 

Thanks

Peter

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Carlisle - Will my area get Infinity?

Within an exchange area there will be some customers who can't get BT Infinity. There are several reasons why this could be the case:

Your phone line may be connected directly to the telephone exchange and not to a local street cabinet.
Your line may be too far from the local street cabinet to have a stable BT Infinity service.
Your local street cabinet may not be suitable for fibre optic cables.
We haven't yet got the council's planning permission to do the necessary work at your local street cabinet.
So, even though you may be within an enabled exchange area, it's possible that your particular line may not be able to have BT Infinity yet. 

you may get more information from this site http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
if you see a yellow pin then click on it and you will be able to see infomation about your cabinet

Our availability checker at www.bt.com/infinity has the latest detail about what speed your line can provide

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

I just see a blue flag with a home icon on it.

Do you know if there are any plans to roll it out to other areas anytime soon?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 17

the rollout is underway
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

I know the roll out is happening in Carlisle but I'm not sure what areas are offically getting it and if the other areas eventually will get it later on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

If you see a new cab near your existing one then you are in the rollout plan
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

My question is if there is not a new cab is there any plans in the future. At the moment I know only certain areas not including mine are getting it but I'm wanting to know if there are any future plans because most of the housing areas are not getting it or a lot of buisness areas which seems quite strange.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Hi if you use the site I posted from Openreach if when you enter your post code if a yellow pin is shown click on it and it will advise you of any delays
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

Hi Pete,

Been there............

Open Reach.................... will not confirm anything, until done.

BT Infinity ISP, can only go on, what Open Reach say is done..........

BT ISP & Open Reach two different companies....... get real answers is like pulling hens teeth.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

DelSP10 the link I have posted give the latest Openreach activation data including if applicable any reasons for delayed cabinets by clicking on the yellow pin if shown
0 Ratings