Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 6

Carrier Pre-Select removal

Go to solution

I am trying to help an elderly friend who has moved his line rental/calls/broadband back to BT from another operator, but is still being charged by the old provider for calls.

The old provider is being vey unhelpful about this . . . does anyone have any experience of this or know which part of BT to contact to help getting this resolved?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Carrier Pre-Select removal

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

As a temporary measure, if outgoing calls are prefixed with 1280, the call will be routed over the BT network. You may be able to insert this as a fixed prefix on many digital phones using the PBX prefix option. This avoids having to alter phone entries.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @jjgraphics Sorry your friend hasn't had his calls moved over. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks! I have sent the details to the Mods.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Had a very helpful call from one of the Mods. It turns out that the problem with the Carrier Pre-Select is outside of the BT network and will need to be dealt with in another way.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Just to tie the ends up on this particular thread:

After much digging, I eventually disovered that the Carrier Preselect code had been loaded into the small Panasonic PBX that the gentleman owns and after a bit of fiddling around, I was able to remove it. All calls are now routed via the BT network and the bills from the other provider have now ceased.

Thanks to all who offered help with this.

John

0 Ratings