cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Cast BT Sport to TV with a Mobile contract and BT broadband

Go to solution

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/~/can-i-stream-bt-sport-using-chromecast-or-app...

The page at the above address suggests that I should be able to stream BT Sports to my Apple TV as I have both a mobile contract and BT Broadband. I can play the app on my phone but when I try to cast it to my TV only the audio is sent.

I have tried phoning BT but the people I have spoken to either deny that it is possible or agree with me but are unable to fix the problem.

Is anyone here able to help please?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Cast BT Sport to TV with a Mobile contract and BT broadband

Go to solution

In your scenario @nashmills it would depend upon which BT sport pack you currently have .. Did you take the Bt sport pack with your  BT Mobile package or with BT Broadband package ?  

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

I got it with the mobile package. Does that matter?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@nashmillswrote:

I got it with the mobile package. Does that matter?

Yes it does, the free BT Sport app for BT mobile customers does not support casting.

If you have BT broadband then consider upgrading to the chargable app that supports casting, otherwise enjoy it free on the mobile app only.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you for the explanation. The second bullet point in the link I posted does not make that clear.

Also I was told this on live chat:

Cristian: How may I assist you with your order today?
Alan: I am interested in the 6GB sim only plan but have 2 questions.
Alan: Is BT Sport on mobile included for the duration of the contract?
Cristian: Yes, it is.
Alan: Also, As I have BT Broadband, does that mean I can stream BT Sport to my TV?
Cristian: Yes, if you have a smart TV, Alan
Alan: That's great. Thank you.

It's a shame but I will have to cancel the mobile contract I have just taken out as the sport on TV was my main reason for getting it from BT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

As II understand it @nashmills , yes it is the BT Sport that is associated with your BT Broadband thatallows casting. For those with both  (BT Mobile and BT Broadband) historically the advice was

• BT Mobile customers with BT Broadband should take BT Sport Pack on the BT Sport App & Online Player.

These days there are several other considerations as the conditions, promotions and pricing for the various options are different.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @nashmills,

Providing your BT Mobile service is on the same account number as your BT Broadband service then I should be able to get you the casting version. Do you know if they have two separate account numbers or not?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you for confirming what I always thought to be the truth. Unfortunately, based on the previous replies I have just cancelled the mobile contract. Damn!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @nashmills I did mention earlier you could upgrade to the chargeable app that supports casting, you're a BT broadband customer so the option is there, It's alwasy been an option and doesn't require mobile to have.

Your order to cease might still be open, BT can cancel the cease order.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

I didn't want to pay extra for the chargeable app as it would have been more cost effective to get it included for free with a mobile package.

0 Ratings