cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Casting to Sony tv

Hi I upgraded to a new by smart hub 6 and can no longer cast bt sport to my tv. I can chromecast from YouTube fine so it’s not the network.

Any ideas? Thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Casting to Sony tv

At a guess, you need to run setup on your Chromecast again and tell it to connect to the new SSID 

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Tried that without any joy. It seems to be the router. I plug in a home hub 5 and it works fine 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried logging on to your smarthub to check that your chromecast is listed as connected? If it is then note the ip address and try pinging it. 

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

It's  an inbuilt one in the Sony android tv. It all casts fine from youtube and other areas. It's just the by sport one not even showing through the app. I never had this issue with the homehub5. 

I have tried turning off the smart access on the router but still nothing.

thans for your help so far

0 Ratings