cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 11 of 55

Re: Catastrophic Customer Service - can anyone help me?

Go to solution
Thank you.
0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 12 of 55

Go to solution
@JohnC2 please call back - I'm at home now...
0 Ratings
Jt55
Beginner
Message 13 of 55

Go to solution

I will be interested to hear how you get on as my story has a number of similarities - and the same date!  Although I do have BB but don't talk to me about the phone!!!  Calls and promises, endless.....  not going to hijack your thread - will start another - but fed up of recounting same story.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 14 of 55

Go to solution

Hi @DavidBull Sorry I couldn't get to speak with you today. I just wanted to confirm that the broadband should be activated by the end of tomorrow. Hopefully you have a router available as the Hub wont be delivered until next week.

I am chasing getting your number back and will let you know as soon as I have any more information on this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 15 of 55

Go to solution
Hi John,

Today there seems to be some sort of BB signal, but I can't connect to it. I've scoured the online forums and have reset my router to a BT username. I've rebooted and reset it to no avail. The error message is "Your DSL connection is down", so it doesn't sound like a router config issue.

I've spent half my morning on the phone to the call centres - 4 different people, each of whom needed to be told from scratch what was going on and all of whom told me it wasn't their department that was at fault and I needed to be transferred to another department. After 4 of these circular conversations I gave up and am now resigned to 5 more days without broadband.

They all told me: "don't worry, your BT router will arrive on 4th January". The only problem is by then I will have gone FIVE WEEKS without broadband. That's 10% of a year! My kids couldn't do their online homework for the last fortnight of the Autumn term, and now they will be in the same position when they go back for the spring term. Is there someone at BT who would like to explain to them how it can take so long to connect a wire to their house?!!

Finally, I've been sent a bill for a £50 connection fee (not mentioned when I ordered using the special Black Friday deal), plus I've gone way over my phone data in the past 2 months, plus I've had to go and sit in various cafes / offices etc for over a month now every time I've needed to work online. When this is over I will want to talk to someone about compensation please...

None of this is any reflection in you personally - indeed of all the (15?) BT employees I've spoken to in the last 5 weeks, you are the only one who has done anything at all to improve the situation. I genuinely hope you've had a good and well-deserved rest and look forward to you sorting out this mess when you return. Please can it be at the very top of your list?

Happy New Year,

Dave

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 55

Go to solution
What username did you enter into your router
0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 17 of 55

Go to solution
Tried several, including btbroadband@btinternet.com and dave@btbroadband.com (both with no password)
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 55

Go to solution
It sounds like your broadband service is not yet fully completed as it can take up to midnight for the service to go live
0 Ratings
DavidBull
Contributor
Message 19 of 55

Go to solution
We were told it was midnight last night so we're expecting it to be live today... Also the call centre said that according to their systems the BB was live..
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 55

Go to solution

If it says that the DSL connection is down, then that is a physical connection issue and nothing to do with the login details.

I assume its an ADSL connection you have ordered, so which router have you tried?

0 Ratings