cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Catchup TV fromk the guide

Hi

I have just joined BT from Talktalk and it's turning out to be one of the worst things that i have done (Story for another time).

Anyway I have a question about the standard youview talk talk box with regards to catchup TV.  With my old TT box I could go to the guide and find a programme with a play icon (triangle inside a circle) on BBC player, ITV player and 4oD and press ok.   It would then take me direct to the programme in the player.  With the BT box I can only do that with BBC Iplayer and not the others, so I have to go to the player and search for the programme.  Is this correct that the BT box doesn't support the ITV and 4oD player from the guides?  if not, what is my problem?

I have spoken to a member of the suport team, but no one seemed to know.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
WilfH
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: Catchup TV fromk the guide

Had this same issue last Friday where none of the ITV shows were showing the rewind symbol yet we could still get them from the itv player.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

So it is supposed to do that after all??? Why did the BT staff say that it's only for iplayer????

I'm really disappointed with the level of service so far.

Does anyone know how to rectify? I've tried a full reset
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

You should find that the catch up for the Freeview channels should appear exactly the same on your new BT Youview box as they do on any other Youview box (i.e. As you experienced in the past with your Talk Talk  box). So if you are missing some Catch-up options on recent days programmes it is likely not to be related to the actual box. When you were with TAlkTalk you would have received a Talk Talk  subset of the Youview EPG now you are with BT you will receive a BT subset of the Youview EPG. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

So what do you advise??  Is there anyone on here working for BT that can help??

I have already spoken to the technical support for the TV and they didn't have a clue.  He said no, then he said he would check with his team leader and came back and said no again.

In all of my time of dealing with utilities providers, I have never encountered anything like it.  I'm never one to complain and quite calm but it has really got my goat how bad BT have been.  I was expecting cream of the crop, given the image of the business, but so far it has been apalling!

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

If as I suspect it is a general Youview issue no .. Youview own support operates 10am -8pm (5pm Sundays) .

if you go back in ypour guide  to say wed 30  at 9pm --  for channels 001-006 inclusive  which channels show catch up links ?

Message 7 of 16

Just checked and pretty much everything shows on the 30th. I then lose itv from sat 3rd and channel 4/5 on sun 4th. Any ideas why that has happened
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Btw I just have a standard mini YouView box
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

Most probably it is imperfect data so that the (backwards) EPG program isn't matching up with the program on the ITV hub or all 4.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

So what do you suggest I do?

0 Ratings