cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Champions League matches cannot be recorded when using a Sky Box for BT Sport

We now find that when watching BT Sport on the Sky platform we can only record the main match. eg tonight we can only record Celtic-Malmo. I wanted to record Valencia-Monaco and watch it later (and not as highlights at 1:00 tomorrow morniung).

This was not a pronblem when Sky had the Champions League contract. You could record any of the matches. I foresee a lot of disappointed customers.

Can BT Sport do anything to help us who use the Sky platform? I don't want to have to change to the BT Box and use that as my platform for just the BT matches and have to move from room to room depending on who is broadcasting the match.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Champions League matches cannot be recorded when using a Sky Box for BT Sport

There are reruns of the other matches overnight on the main channel which should be recordable?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Re: Champions League matches cannot be recorded when using a Sky Box for BT Sport

The re-runs from 1:00am onwards are only 1 hour long highlights.

However, the point of my post is that we who use the Sky Box for BT Sport are beinbg denied the option of recording any of the "red button" matches, which would allow us to arrive home at say 9pm and watch our preferred match "live" at that time.

This has been an imporatant feature of the Sky coverage of the Champions League in recent years and denying us of this now is a backward step. 

What can we do to persuade BT Sport to give customers who use the Sky Box the same service as those using the BT Box?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Presumably you record on Sky from the EPG  (don't have the system mmyself) ? Is it a case that the BT extra game live content is not listed in the EPG and is only offered once the red button is pressed ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I found the quality of the matches on the Red Button on Sky was very poor last night and almost unwatchable. That needs to be sorted before recordability becomes an issue for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

I'm not familiar with the acronym EPG but I used to be able to go to the TV Guide on the Sky box, press Record on the main Champions League match to be broadcasted that evening and a new menu list would appear, asking me to choose which one of ALL the matches to be played that evening I wanted to record.

Now, you can only press the red button and watch an alternative match live.

I want the above Sky feature introduced to the BTSport service for Sky Box customers like me so that we can choose which match to record and watch later at our leisure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

BT would prefer everyone to get BT TV. You can record, pause, get all champion league games in HD on BT TV. Sky only let BT have Sky sports 1 and 2 on BT TV. If BT gave you the same service on Sky then no one would get BT TV. Part and parcel of business.
0 Ratings