cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedGT
Beginner
721 Views
Message 1 of 8

Change data plan?

Go to solution
Was thinking of going from 2G a month to 20G. Can this be done?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
704 Views
Message 2 of 8

Re: Change data plan?

Go to solution

Yes you can move up at any time just give bt a call on 150

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
691 Views
Message 3 of 8

Re: Change data plan?

Go to solution

But be aware that BT don't allow tethering. 20GB seems an awful lot to use on a mobile.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
RedGT
Beginner
686 Views
Message 4 of 8

Re: Change data plan?

Go to solution
Not really when your downloading podcasts.
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
675 Views
Message 5 of 8

Re: Change data plan?

Go to solution

There will always be exceptions but the general consensus in the link I posted is that 20GB on mobile is not much use without tethering.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
647 Views
Message 6 of 8

Re: Change data plan?

Go to solution

@pottyperson wrote:

But be aware that BT don't allow tethering. 20GB seems an awful lot to use on a mobile.


Are you 100% sure about that? I have experience to challenge what you say.

 

20GB might seem an awful lot to use for you but it's not for others and clearly the reason why it's on offer.

 

I have a mobile coming to an end of Three and I do 40-50 every month on the handset 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
642 Views
Message 7 of 8

Re: Change data plan?

Go to solution

@23prince wrote:

@pottyperson wrote:

But be aware that BT don't allow tethering. 20GB seems an awful lot to use on a mobile.


Are you 100% sure about that? I have experience to challenge what you say.

 

20GB might seem an awful lot to use for you but it's not for others and clearly the reason why it's on offer.

 

I have a mobile coming to an end of Three and I do 40-50 every month on the handset 


BT's Terms & Conditions prohibit "Tethering" See Link. 

 

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/terms/mobile-service.html

 

Prohibited use

  1. You must not allow our service to be used:
  1. for machine to machine communication (this means the communication between two or more machines without a person); or
  2. to create your own personal hotspot which provides internet access to other devices which may be used by yourself or others (this is sometimes known as 'tethering'); or
  3. to route, re-route, forward, or divert calls and text messages for commercial gain (this is sometimes known as being a 'GSM gateway' or a 'SIM gateway'), or for any other purposes other than personal use; or
  4. to make offensive, indecent, menacing, nuisance or hoax calls, or to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or
  5. in any manner which is otherwise unlawful.

It is also listed in their sales pages under the FAQ section > BTMobile > The Legal Stuff > BTMobile > BTMobile Sim Only Plans

 

BT Mobile SIM Only Plans

Discounted price for BT broadband homes (excludes business). 12 month minimum term. Payment is by direct debit and subject to credit status. UK calls to UK landlines (starting 01,02,03) and UK mobiles, standard UK texts and data within the UK. You cannot share your data connection with other devices. Speeds vary by location, coverage and demand. One minute minimum call charge. 08 numbers cost up to 38p/min, calls to 070 cost up to 92p/min. 0800 numbers and calls to voicemail included. Early termination charge may apply if you stop your service in the first 12 months, see bt.com/terms. For BT wifi see: www.btwifi.com. Compatible phone needed, may need unlocking.

 

pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
634 Views
Message 8 of 8

Re: Change data plan?

Go to solution

@23prince wrote:

@pottyperson wrote:

But be aware that BT don't allow tethering. 20GB seems an awful lot to use on a mobile.


Are you 100% sure about that? I have experience to challenge what you say.

 

20GB might seem an awful lot to use for you but it's not for others and clearly the reason why it's on offer.

 

I have a mobile coming to an end of Three and I do 40-50 every month on the handset 


See gg's reply and the follow-up to my first post.

 

You've missed the point. I was just sounding a warning to the OP, that's all. I never said that nobody uses 20GB on a mobile, but the fact is that many of those interested in that plan want to use tethering. That's what the argument in the linked thread is all about, as you'll see if you read it. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings