cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Change from HH3 to HH4, now one month old Bush SMART TV's wont connect

I recently bought two Bush SMART TV's for my teenagers - they connected wirelessly and worked fine on the HH3. However, due to problems with Broadband drop outs, BT sent me a HH4 which I connected. Now  BB is working perfectly but the Bush SMART TV's can see the HH4 but wont connect. Argos say the TV probably doesn't have the new compatible technology that the HH4 has. Is anyone able to help me please? BTW I am very much a technophobe so any help in simple language please!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Change from HH3 to HH4, now one month old Bush SMART TV's wont connect

Turn off "smart set up" on the Homehub, see link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Some devices have a problem with the Homehub 4 dual frequencies having the same SSid (name). Try giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids. Just add a 5 to the end of the 5Ghz SSid so you know which is which. Check the 5 GHz Sync with 2.4 GHz: is set to NO.

Once you have done that try and connect the TV.

You'll need to connect all your other devices that can use both frequencies to both SSids if you want them to be able to use both/either frequencies.

See this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

thank you - I will try and let you know how I get on.

when you say change the SSID - do I do that on my computer via the home hub page?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Yes, follow the guide in the link that I posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi - thank you! Has worked on one TV but not the other, so am not at home for a couple of days so will try again then and let you know.

0 Ratings