cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Change from old bt to new bt primary account for e-mail address.

Go to solution
I have 4 bt broadband accounts for self and family. I need now to close one as I've moved. However that account is my e-mail address I've used for years (BT Yahoo mail). I've been in contact with customer service by phone (India I suspect)., and they said they had done it. I'm not convinced as I look at my old account on bt.com under my bt id (where all 4 accounts are) and see the e-mail remains the registered one their and the new one does not have it. Is there a contact by telephone or e-mail for a techy conversation to tell me what to do, or help get it done and/or confirm my e-mail is now attached to my new account? Many thanks. Robin
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Change from old bt to new bt primary account for e-mail address.

Go to solution

Hi Robin. It appears BT need to migrate your email address from one account to another using their systems. this way you will continue to be able to use it without paying the £5.00 per month 'Premium' email charge As such, if you call Connections (150 from landline, then say Email to the automated voice), they will be able to help.

===========================================

1. Is hub in the right 'hole'? If you have a '2-hole' socket, put the ADSL cable into the small square hole...
2. Make sure you are connecting to the correct 'SSID' e.g. BTHub6-1234
3. If you 'work from home', use a business line, not a residential line.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks. Tried that. After the usual phone runaround the fault folk put me onto Prime email who said it could only be transferred in the six weeks after I cancelled the other account. And if not would be lost.

Given my experiences with BT information accuracy from call centres I'm wondering if anyone can confirm as it's like Jumping off the proverbial cliff to cancel the first account hoping the info is accurate.

Seems odd that if I have both the receiving new account and the old one I can't just transfer.

Many thanks for the help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You can not transfer a BTYahoo email account onto a BTMail account but you should be able to have it associated to your new BTMail account.

You will not be able to do that yourself. I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link.

They are very busy at present plus this being the holiday season, once you have replied to them by the link, it will take more that 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @newtonmac,

We'll be able to look into it and help you keep your emails. Depending on which email platforms your account uses you may need a premium mail account in the interim. We'll discuss everything with you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a couple of working days before we can reply back.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi DanielS

A belated note of thanks  for resolving this. Great when you can speak to someone who knows what they are doing!!

Regards

0 Ratings