Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanja-k
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Change installation folder of BT cloud

Hi

not sure if you can help, but worth the question. I installed BT cloud on a computer at university when I was logged in with my user account. I can access this user account from any computer in the university or from anywhere in the world by a VM Ware internet login.

I managed to install the desktop cloud client and connect the computer, unfortunately when I log out of my account and log back in (on the same computer for example) I would have to re-install the desktop client.

I installed another software, called Mendeley Desktop. It's for referencing and I was able to install it while logged in as the same user. This tool remains in place and where ever I log in from, it would be there. So my question is if I can do something similar with the cloud.

I can see that the cloud installation folder is in the appdata from the local user. Mendeley installs onto the "H" drive - that is a server drive where we can store our files. Can I install the BT cloud into this H drive instead of to the local user? That would possibly resolve the issue.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
NeilO
Message 2 of 2

Re: Change installation folder of BT cloud

Hi tanja-k,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  I'm afraid that's not possible, I posted an explanation on the thread below a few months ago.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Apps-and-Extras-from-BT/BT-Cloud-on-C-drive/m-p/1321417/highlight/true#M...

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings