cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjones494
Beginner
Message 1 of 34

Change of latency + dropouts

Hi, on sunday i was moving some stuff around and accidently pulled out the phone line, plugged it back in and reconnected, but kept dropping out.

So went on to the hub setting and to take a look and my downstream speed has dropped from 8000 (maxium possible to 3000ish) 

My latency type has also changed from fast to interleaved, how do i go about getting it changed back to fast to see if that will sort it out.

P.s I used to have problems but one day it changed from interleaved to fast and it was sorted.

Also my noise margin has always been around that so it shouldn't be that

Many thanks.

Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 10:10:33
Downstream3,840 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.1 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)18.8 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)29.5 dB / 15.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)6.0 dBm / 1.8 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)42097 / 1
CRC Errors (Down/Up)330 / 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up)541 / 1
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)307 / 0
0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 34

Re: Change of latency + dropouts

Hi the  disconnectios  have caused the interleaving to be turned on  and  also  caused the noise margin increase to try and stabilise your line could yo work through the following then we can suggggest a course of action 

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/speed/Speed.html

also post your full hub stats details shown in this link http://www.btinternet.com/~cbeddoe/others/adslstats.html

Can you also post the full results fromBT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket   Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
mjones494
Beginner
Message 3 of 34

Download speedachieved during the test was - 100 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600 Kbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3.84 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3 Mbps

I have just done the quiet line test, couldn't hear anything no crackles etc

hub.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 34

Connect into the test socket as above and re post your router stats.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
mjones494
Beginner
Message 5 of 34

I have done as requested, speed has got better, but test socket is an impractical place and i cant leave it plugged in there

HUB1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 34

Your SNR is still high so there's even more room for improvement.

The problem is with your internal wiring or something connected to your internal wiring. Go through a process of elimination by taking everything off the line and reconnecting it. if the speeds are poor again you know it's the wiring. If the speeds stay high, you know it's something that was connected.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
mjones494
Beginner
Message 7 of 34

The thing is nothing has changed at all, it was fine the other day and i just unplugged it by accident, it must of tripped or something

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 34

could be as simple as a loose wire in one of the extensions
0 Ratings
mjones494
Beginner
Message 9 of 34

Right, i have moved it back to where i originally had it and it has dropped again to 3,968 Kbps, ive changed the filters and still wont go up

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 34

you have an internal wiring problem have a look at this link it may help http://www.filesaveas.com/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html
0 Ratings