cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 7

Change tv package, renews contract?

Does changing my tv package renew the contract, it would be the same cost each month and when I went through the online order page it doesn't mento anything about a contract renewal.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Change tv package, renews contract?

Depends upon the terms and conditions of

your existing contracts

the product you are ordering.

Youmay have separate contracts for different Bt services.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 7

It's to change the tv package it doesn't mention anything about renewing contract while ordering!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

I have ultra HD at minute but was wanting to return to the entertainment max package, its the same price at £15 month, I was trying to find out if switching will activate a new contract for tv, during the process of changing this online it mentions nothing about a new contract so that's why I'm think it wont as all I'm doing is changing the package not removing any services!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

I'm surprised there is an online process to downgrade the main TV package. BT usually provide online ways of upgrading main packages but you usually have to phone them to downgrade.

There can sometimes be penalties if you haven't completed a package contract minimum term. BT TV UHD is a recent package and I would expect that you agreed a 12 month minimum term? The UHD full price after the initial 12 month discounted period is I believe £20 as per the tariff guide. Naturally BT would like people to stay on that package. 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Once the minimum term is completed you can normally then start a new contract on whichever package you want to. Is there any particular reason that you want to change now if there is no cost benefit during the initial 12 month UHD discounted period?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 7

It would be a different package but I think they we're allowing me to do it was because at the minute the price would still be the same each month until UHD package goes up to the full price.
In regards to the reason I want to change is that the picture quality on HD channels is not great with a lot of flicker and shaking, it mainly happens on any sports channels or ones with tickers like news channels etc..
BT Sport Europe is bad with the league tables flickering and many other channels do it too.
There is a fix for this though when I set the Youview box to 1080i it's perfect and therebis no issues on any of the channels.
I may be the only one that gets this but I alwaya notice it now 😞
0 Ratings