Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meggy
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Changes to BT Sport

Hello,

I have just received an email stating my BT Sport Package is changing and says I shall have to pay now to watch MotoGP on BT TV.

I only renewed my contract a month ago and I was told BT Sport was free for a year with my Infinity Broadband Package.

I do not want to have BT TV because frankly I find my present monthly bill for BT has increased so much it is all I can afford.

Also I read on the forum that clicking to downgrade means I agree to a new contract. So what I want to know is in August when this new package starts what happens to my contract regarding BT Sport? I can't afford to pay another £60 a year just to watch MotoGP on line during the season. Surely I should be able to get it online untill my contract runs out? If not what should I do to about it?

regards...........Meggy

3 REPLIES 3
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changes to BT Sport

Cancel BT Sport. Problem solved.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

If you don't do anything, BT will start charging you $5 a month for BT Sport.

If you downgrade, you won't pay, but you will be locked into a new contract.

There is a third option, that BT haven't bothered telling people about.  Ring 150 and navigate through the menu system to the cancellations department.  Then cancel BT Sport entirely.  This requires no new contract.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@Ectophile wrote:

BT will start charging you $5 a month

Is that for American football?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings