Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 28

Re: Changes to BT Yahoo Account Management

As posted in another thread, I've seen glaciers move quicker than the BT mail team!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Just joinging this thread after getting locked out of master email account and when back in getting prompted from where old BT Yahoo email account options used to be (like manage sub accounts etc) to go to my BT main account...and finding 'BT Mail' managing accounts section, which is new to me ( and online chat confirming this evening that have not been migrated to BT Mail just yet).

So query is do you have to 'gift' emails to sons and daughters who have sub accounts ( and thus they are forced to generate BT IDs of their own and associated passwords - which from these threads appears to capable of not being synced except manually?). 

I know the new page on email management asks you not to associate with your existing BT ID ( which I have as 'master' account holder) but can we ignore this if we choose?

It would be good if the online chat team got a better brief meantime...very apologetic etc and delays while they tried to find out more but i gleaned more over 15 mins from reading these pages!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 28

@Chris101 wrote:

Just joinging this thread after getting locked out of master email account and when back in getting prompted from where old BT Yahoo email account options used to be (like manage sub accounts etc) to go to my BT main account...and finding 'BT Mail' managing accounts section, which is new to me ( and online chat confirming this evening that have not been migrated to BT Mail just yet).

So query is do you have to 'gift' emails to sons and daughters who have sub accounts ( and thus they are forced to generate BT IDs of their own and associated passwords - which from these threads appears to capable of not being synced except manually?).  Yes

I know the new page on email management asks you not to associate with your existing BT ID ( which I have as 'master' account holder) but can we ignore this if we choose? Not sure what you mean by that, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

It would be good if the online chat team got a better brief meantime...very apologetic etc and delays while they tried to find out more but i gleaned more over 15 mins from reading these pages!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 28

thanks for picking up on this extra query...

i was simply wondering if you just ignored the little ? symbol prompt not to link to master account holders ID ( and the process of 'gifting' i read earlier in this thread) but instead linked to my account BT ID ( as the original master account holder), what happened?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 28

Still not sure what you mean by this, I haven't seen any prompt not to link to master account holder's ID. Any email addresses you have you can either 'gift' them to another family member and they then need to create a BTID associated with that in order to manage it, or you associate it with your own BTID so you can mange it. Once gifted, you cannot mange the adress, only delete it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 26 of 28

Hi @chamber_boy,

Thanks for taking my call this morning. I'm really glad I was able to get this sorted for you. Please post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 28

Hi David

Thanks for getting this sorted which had at it's root the abortive attempt at BT mail change over when I was a trialist some two plus years ago.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 28

@vofsanity2 wrote:

If you still are a BT Yahoo Mail User then you need to be aware of this :

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57345

Note this is accurate if you are using the latest version of BT Yahoo Mail.

If you are using the basic version things are a little different.

I will mark this thread as Solved when I have received official notification to my primary email address of the changes to BT Yahoo email account management.  Not all BT Yahoo email account holders are subscribed to this community.  The error in MY BT that refers to BT Mail instead of BT Yahoo Mail also needs correction.

0 Ratings