Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Changing BT phone number

Go to solution

What is the process for changing my phone number as we are receiving a lot of nuisance calls. This is despite having a BT 6500 phone with call blocking and caller display. These calls just come through on a different number. I have spoken to the callers and told them to stop calling and to remove my number from their system, yet they continue.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Changing BT phone number

Go to solution
there is a charge for changing your number is £25.00 also there is no guarantee that it will stop nuisance calls as numbers are recycled and you may still get calls from other sources
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Changing the phone number will not stop nuisance callers.

Do a google search on Call Blockers and then do some research on what comes up.

I have a truecall unit and it works great for me, others use a CPR call blocker. They work with any landline phone and all you need from your call provider is Caller ID set up.

toekneem

(EASBF)

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

You have either got to block each one in turn, until they run out of numbers to call you from, or if the calls all begin with the same prefix, then I think the CPR call blocker may allow you to specify prefixed number groups.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice. Slloks like we'll be buying either a TrueCall unit or a CPR call blocker.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Keith has told you he thinks that the CPR can block groups of numbers. The truecall can also block groups of numbers, whole STD codes like 0161* which will block any call coming in from 0161 area.

You can also use the newish phones that use call blocking facility but these are quite limited in what they can handle.

[edit] I see that you have experienced the BT6500Smiley Indifferent

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I can recommend the CPR Call Blocker (purchase through Facebook and there was an additional discount).   We had a new BT number when we moved and it was obviously a recycled number and the chap it belonged to had a lot of debt and we were constantly getting calls despite being told we were new owners of the number.   The call blocker sorted it immediately.  Money well spent.   We had it in October and no calls since then.   In fact it was disturbingly quiet!!!Smiley Happy

Di
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@RainbowDi wrote:

I can recommend the CPR Call Blocker (purchase through Facebook and there was an additional discount).   We had a new BT number when we moved and it was obviously a recycled number and the chap it belonged to had a lot of debt and we were constantly getting calls despite being told we were new owners of the number.   The call blocker sorted it immediately.  Money well spent.   We had it in October and no calls since then.   In fact it was disturbingly quiet!!!Smiley Happy

Yes some people object to the extra cost, but these blockers give people peace of mind and thats worth an awfull lot.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings