cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meggy
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Changing Wireless Channel

I have had problems with BT Infinity Speed and Connection issues and after making phone calls and emailing customer services I was sent a link which was supposed to be easy - just follow the steps and change channel which would solve everything.

I have just had the most awful 4 hours trying to do just that. First of all I had to put in the password for my Hub5 and as I did not even know it had a password I tried putting in my Bt Password and the my husbands one which are used to log on to BT. Neither worked and so I tried to bypass the password and create a new one. Then when I pressed the button on the Hub it went green and from then on it was just a nightmare. My husband had no better luck and so we decided to reply to the letter with the link and tell them we were no good at this do-it-yourself BT business but even that didn't work. The 'reply' went ok but later we received a reply saying the email address was not the same as the original one!!!!! Somebody save me from BT Customer Services as they are really making me ill with all this. I told the chap (ROB I think his name is) that we were not very knowledgeable or experienced with these technical things but he assured us it was easy to follow the steps......... I just hope somebody here can help us out of the mess we are in!

kind regards........Meggy

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing Wireless Channel

The password is on a card at the back of the homehub
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This will put everything back to where it was before you started to fiddle.

If you need to connect any wireless devices use the "wireless passkey" found on the homehub label

If you want to enter the homehub management pages use the "admin password" on the label.

Don't do anything else at the moment. See how you get on with the factory reset. If your problem is still there post back for advice and hopefully easy to follow instructions.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you have managed the factory reset and everything is working again you should try turning off "Smart set up" on the homehub. This can cause speed problems with wireless devices on the homehub.

See this link how to do that. Have a read through first and then work your way through it. If you have any problems post back.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
meggy
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for both replies. The reset does not seem to have fixed the problem so I have used the link you sent and printed it out. I have got to have a cataract removed from my left eye tomorrow and the attempt to change the channel will have to wait for a few days. I will post the outcome as soon as I have carried out the steps. My husband refuses to do it as he says if he messes up he will never hear the last of it....probably rilght! Kind regards and thanks again....Meggy
0 Ratings