Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
penfold1
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Changing email account from desktop to wireless laptop

Morning

Please can anyone point me to easy to follow instructions on how to move my bt email account from the desktop computer where it is currently to the laptop that is connected wirelessly to the bt hub.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Changing email account from desktop to wireless laptop

Morning penfold1 and welcome

Just note down the URL (the address) used on the PC and type this in the laptop.

Then use your email account details and away you go:)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
penfold1
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for that DS.  Unfortunately, I need a bit more help and explanation to talk me through this.  Is there a page within the BT community site that actually explains how to do this in more detail?  I'm afraid I do need quite basic instructions!

Many thanks to anyone who can help...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Ok:)

If you are reading this from your laptop then click on the following link (it will open a new tab(page) on your browser)

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=uk&.partner=bt-1&.done=http%3a//bt.yahoo.com/%3f

Then type in your BTYahoo email name, in the form of yourfirstnameyourlastname @ btinternet.com (without any spaces before or after the @)

Type in your BTYahoo password and then click sign in

You can bookmark the page in your browser for future use

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Apologies if I've missed something, but are you using webmail (in which case follow DS's advice) or an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird etc)? If the latter you will need to install the program on the laptop and set it up.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings