Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajkennedy
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Changing from sky fibre to bt infinity

Hello.
I currently have sky fibre pro and I'm considering moving to bt infinity 2. Just wondering if anyone else has changed from sky to bt and if so has there been any problems .
Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Changing from sky fibre to bt infinity

Many people have done it, vast majority have no problems.

By proxy, on a forum such as this you might find a higher percentage of people have had a problem, but that's because people who don't have a problem, don't tend to come to a forum to say everything is working fine 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 17

The only issue could be if there are no spare ports in the fibre cabinet, as your existing Sky fibre connection will be ceased, and given to the next person on the waiting list, which would not be you.

Check before you move, to see if the cabinet is showing "waiting list" If it is, then you will lose your fibre connection.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Ajkennedy
Beginner
Message 4 of 17

Hi
Had a look on the availability checker and it comes back with no data available for phone number probably because it is not a bt line. I have entered my address and it comes back saying fibre is available
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Then you should be fine if the address checker shown that the cabinet is not full.

0 Ratings
Ajkennedy
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Ok thanks for the reply. Does anyone know if the bt smart hub has better wireless range than the sky q hub ?
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 17

If I were you I'd buy a 3rd party router.

0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 17

As someone in the process of such as move I would personally advise against such a migration, unless you're getting an insane deal. Ordering was a nightmare and still isn't resolved, customer services are HORRENDOUS and make Sky's service appear near perfect, and the Smart Hub is an absolute joke compared to any of Sky's hardware.

The only saving grace is the mod team who genuinely try to help but are very busy picking up the pieces dealing with the incompetence of the rest of BT.

Just my 2p worth. 😉
0 Ratings
mikeatsg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

I agree with adly. Do NOT change anything you don't have to. The connections are supplied and serviced by the Openreach monopoly, not BT, and so you will still end up with the same provider. The OR engineers are very good but the BT back office function is totally broken. It is utter chaos in there. I am just now coming on stream with a second line ordered from BT Business in December. Just to start the ball rolling they automatically cancelled the order twice before getting on with it.

Don't even think about changing just to save a few quid. You'll regret it. As Webby says, the people who appear here are those with problems - and there are lots of those.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Try looking at the number of complaints on other ISPs forums, you will find the same complaints. The advantage on this forum is that you can get help if you need it, via the forum moderators, if it cannot be resolved by forum members.

0 Ratings