cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gogsy58
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Changing monthly spend cap

Just wondered if anybody had this problem.  I log into My BT Mobile to change my monthly spend cap but it won't give me the option.  I just get a message saying ' Thanks for changing your spend settings.  You'll have to wait up to 30 minutes before you can change them again'.  I've been trying for a couple of days now and always the same message.

I only joined BT mobile last Wednesday (8th) and did manage to change the cap from £100 to something more sensible.

Any ideas people?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Mancunian01
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Changing monthly spend cap

I've got something similar. In my case it's due to the original order not being closed off properly, which apparently stops any further changes happening and I get the same error message as you. Can't port in my number either which is a pain.

Currently waiting for BT 'back office' to sort it out.

Might be worth a call to them to see if it's the same issue.

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Mine was the same but rectified itself after a few days
0 Ratings
pensionista
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I have been with BT mobile for about 3 weeks.  In that time I have tried repeatedly to reduce the spending cap from £100 to £5 and each time I am told I can't!  I am getting a bit fed up now as I have better things to do with my time.  Any ideas anyone?

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

I can't even get that far mine just says we can't show you what you've used and won't let me into spending cap etc not very good at all
0 Ratings
pensionista
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Sorry to hear that - hope someone can fix this for us....soon!

0 Ratings
xmarksthespot
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I have what sounds like the same issue as Mancunian01. In MyMobile on the desktop, I get the message "You can't change your settings until we've completed your order. Please try again later."

There are no outstanding orders. This has been confirmed by BT and so the issue has been raised as a fault (although I suspect it's a known long-running issue they've done little about).

For info, Orders, as defined by BT, includes physical orders (such as for a SIM card) as well as changes to services (such as setting 'International calls on' for a mobile).

We'll see what happens. My 12 month contract started 3 days ago and based on past history of dealing with BT I suspect I will be out of contract before a fix appears..., but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

For now, calling 150 provides a less-than-ideal workaround.

0 Ratings