Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Molchester
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Changing my Latency type back to FAST

Hi everyone,

I've posted about this before but I can't remember how to do it. My broadband has recently reverted to INTERLEAVED from FAST and I would like to have it changed back. I had no issues with it before and I found the low ping great for gaming and even surfing.

Here are my stats:

DSL Status:UP
DSL Modulation Mode:G.992.5 (ADSL2+)
DSL Path Mode:INTERLEAVED
Downstream Rate:20150 Kbps
Upstream Rate:1095 Kbps
Downstream Margin:3 db
Upstream Margin:6 db
Downstream Line Attenuation:13
Upstream Line Attenuation:10
Downstream Transmit Power:20
Upstream Transmit Power:10
LOS Errors:0

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Changing my Latency type back to FAST

The change is automatic, you cannot do it yourself. Interleaved is the preferred setting as it introduces error correction.

If you provide your full ADSL Statistics then the error counters will be shown, and you will see the reason.

0 Ratings
Molchester
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for the reply Keith. Actually I did provide all of my statistics. I am using a linksys modem so it is not like the home hubs stats page. (Aren't LOS Errors the same thing as you were referring to?)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

hi we are looking for HEC CRC errors etc
0 Ratings
Molchester
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

I understand but like I said, they aren't listed on the status page. Those are what I have to give you. The other status sections are for Firmware, PVC and IP.

HEC and CRC are not there 😞

I remember looking through other people's stats when I did this last time (when I used my home hub and I could see those :P) and my attenuation and errors, noise etc were lower than theirs and the mods were telling them that they were fine for FAST. My line recently got upgraded to ADSL2+ though so could this have changed how many errors I could get?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

a change to adsl2+ will change line characteristics and errors could certainly have risen interleaving is normally applied automatically in an attempt to stabilise a line going to fast path could affect your download speed over time and also cause possible disconnections
Molchester
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I've e-mailed BT about this request to see if they will switch me over john. I'll post back if I receive a reply. If it was fast after my upgrade and has changed now then perhaps it is no longer suitable for my line. As far as I am aware though, my download speed increased remained constantly at its fastest last time and was pushing 2MB/s after my upgrade (approx 17.5Mb/s i think it translates to).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

ok i just hope that changing to fast path does not affect the stability of your connection you would have started on fast when you initially moved to adsl2+ but you have now moved to interleaved to stabilise the connection
0 Ratings