cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Changing to BT

I am still thinking of transferring to BT broadband.  I have my phone on Anytime and would like to add option 2 broadband (40GB usage) to it but the only options I seem to get online is broadband packages with 40GB and weekend calls, which is not what i want.  Is there an easy way to transfer my broadband with a MAC code to the 40GB option yet still keep my Anytime calls?  I wish to do it online and not by phone calls.  Any help would be much appreciated.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: Changing to BT

I know you've mentioned that you don't want to call, but my advice is.... call themSmiley Surprised

You should be able to get the cost down to well below the online price and get the deal you're after.

My option3 Broadband only costs £8 per month when the 'phone call negotiation' discounts are taken in to accountSmiley Wink

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Why don't you just sign up for option 1 Broadband Unlimited Anytime plan (10gb allowance) and utilise the unlimited free wi-fi option available to all BT Total Broadband users?

Use the free wi-fi for general surfing and keep the 10gb allowance for accessing any personal/sensitive sites like on-line banking etc. (remembering that the free wi-fi is unsecured!) That's what I am doing now and I only use a fraction of the 10gb monthly allowance.  The free wi-fi certainly isn't as fast as your normal broadband but I've found it does the job for me.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thanks DS.  I tried calling them a couple of times in the past regarding this and was always told the only way to Keep my anytime calls and get broadband was to sign up for the complete package wich was more than I want to pay ie Unlimited broadband and calls.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Thanks quasimodem,  My main computer is via ethernet so utilising fon etc is not an option although it would be ok for the wife but the slower speed would upset her quite a bit and I need a quiet life these days.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Quicker Broadband and silent wife. You can't really argue with that! Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Hmm, I've gone from option3 with anytime to option2 with anytime and back to option3 with anytime

Though I only wanted option2 (like you) but it worked out cheaper to have option3 (insert a heading scratching work that one out smiley)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Why can't they just have a clear and simple selection sysytemof all options available in a pick and mix way, remember Woolworths sweets.Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

IIRC they used to have a pic n mix package, which appears to of been removed since the website was made more snazzy

0 Ratings