cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 16

Re: Charged for Engaged local calls

had an alarm fitted???? not certain what route this "manager" is going up?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 12 of 16

I've seen this problem before, the surgery's phone system seems to have been incorrectly configured. They have too much capacity inbound for the configured call waiting system. So basically your call is being answered (correctly charged) but the system cannot handle the call hence 'engaged' , you should either be queued and be listening to music or not connected and eventually ring no reply / or a network engaged passed to you.

This used to happen more with physical PABX systems when internal phones were misrouted and DDI calls were failing, with VoIP it should be reduced / eliminated but it still occurs!

0 Ratings
catballoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Contacted practice manager of surgery. It seems other practices in the centre have discovered same problem and have been reverting back to their old system and my practice is following suit. They had no idea when bt changed their system that callers would be charged. One wonders if this is a money making exercise by BT. Anyway squeaky gate gets results.
0 Ratings
catballoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 16

Bt manager has as yet not come back to me after promising to look into it. As you say hippy the system that was installed couldn't handle the calls, therefore unsuitable for any medical practice. Shame BT don't seem to know that or do they? When all said and done it's BT who's cashing in....... At least I won't be charged for future calls.
0 Ratings
jamesbuchanan66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

@catballoo wrote:
Contacted practice manager of surgery. It seems other practices in the centre have discovered same problem and have been reverting back to their old system and my practice is following suit. They had no idea when bt changed their system that callers would be charged. One wonders if this is a money making exercise by BT. Anyway squeaky gate gets results.

Why would the doctor sugery be making money for BT?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

if you read the post fully you will see the problem it was the way the surgery had their phone system set up
0 Ratings