cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quasimodem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Charged for NOT using my phone. What a joke!

Just received my online bill from BT.  :smileysad:

I have been charged an additional £4.20 this month. (£1.50 Line Rental saver minimum call fee and BT caller display fee of £2.70)

All because I did not make the minimum of 2 chargable calls last month....and the most laughable thing about it is that I am on an unlimited calls plan so I do not get charged for my calls anyway.  

What a shower of rip-off artists BT have become.  

Well, they've screwed me into the ground for the last time. Once my 18 month contract is up with my Broadband I am off to another provider for my phone and my broadband.

i wonder how many customers BT lose a year with their ridiculous punitive charges?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: Charged for NOT using my phone. What a joke!

Hello there, I understand your annoyance at this, but it is in the terms and conditions about the charges.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 23

Hi The charges are stated it the terms and conditions of the calling plan you do not need to make chargeable calls any calls apply
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 23

I assume that your calls are with another provider? The chargeable calls you need to make can be part of your unlimited call package.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
quasimodem
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

I'm on unlimited anytime calls package with my Broadband Dave. 

Unusual set of circumstances last month meant I was away from my home quite a lot. 

Won't happen again, even if I have to call my mobile twice to make the minimum two calls. Smiley Wink

just a bit annoyed at BT ripping me off in this manner.  They certainly won't be getting advance line rental off me again.

I was already p****d off with BT's customer service. This latest incident has almost certainly made my mind up to leave BT once my Broadband contract is up and go back to O2.  Only this time I will be moving my phone as well.

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 6 of 23

@quasimodem wrote:

I'm on unlimited anytime calls package with my Broadband Dave. 

Unusual set of circumstances last month meant I was away from my home quite a lot. 

Won't happen again, even if I have to call my mobile twice to make the minimum two calls. Smiley Wink

just a bit annoyed at BT ripping me off in this manner.  They certainly won't be getting advance line rental off me again.

I was already p****d off with BT's customer service. This latest incident has almost certainly made my mind up to leave BT once my Broadband contract is up and go back to O2.  Only this time I will be moving my phone as well.

They are not ripping you off as it is part of the TS&Cs. Line Rental Saver is a significant saving over paying monthly (and far outways the charge for not making a chargeable call).

0 Ratings
2cents
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

It's not  a joke because it's not funny. Would you be happy to pay your electric / gas company a standing charge. ie line rental, each month if you were then charged for NOT using any leccy or gas. I bet the answer is no. In that case, why does the Government allow BT to get away with this absolute robbery ? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 23

Hi 2cents, I realise your upset about it, but as the previous poster says, it is clearly stated when you sign up for it.

They can even be 0800 numbers that you call to stop the charge.

ps:Can you look at your other post, I have replied there.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 23

[edit]

deleted due to double postSmiley Surprised

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 10 of 23

@2cents wrote:

It's not  a joke because it's not funny. Would you be happy to pay your electric / gas company a standing charge. ie line rental, each month if you were then charged for NOT using any leccy or gas. I bet the answer is no. In that case, why does the Government allow BT to get away with this absolute robbery ? 

Unfortunately your analogy is not a good one. You are very unlikely not to use your gas or electricity.

However, I would love my gas or electricity company to give me such a large discount for paying a standing charge in advance, even if there was a penalty for non-use (which wouldn't happen).

0 Ratings