cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doonhamer1967
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Charged for connection when assured it was free!!

Hi

I signed up for phone, bt broadband and BTvision recently after talking to two different sales advisors.  Both assured me that I would get free connection for a new phone line but on receiving my first bill I have been charged £124.99 for the connection.  I phoned the call center and was advise last week that a manager would phone me but I am still waiting. I find this unacceptable but what can I do?

Quote from billing info

Why have I got a connection charge?

Connecting a new BT line costs £124.99 (including VAT) if you only have a calling plan with BT.

If you've signed up for a calls and broadband package the cost is £50. If you have a calls, broadband and TV package there is no connection charge.

The charge will be shown on your first bill, so please check this carefully.

The charge covers work an engineer has done to connect your line. You have to pay the charge whether an engineer had to visit your home or not, as they would have carried out some work elsewhere.

We would have checked your property and told you about the charge before completing your order.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Charged for connection when assured it was free!!

On the right hand corner of your messagge, click on Options and flag your question for a mod to look at for you.

Ray.

0 Ratings
doonhamer1967
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
doonhamer1967
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Any chance of a mod reply??

http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_adp.php?p_sid=E7DBFlYj&cat_lvl1=761&cat_lvl...

This link proves connection should be free - HELP!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Hi Doonhamer1967,

Thank you for posting. Having read you post I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had with your recent order and that you have not received the call back that was promised to you. I can help you with this, please can you email me your BT account details along with a link to this thread. My email address is forum.moderation.team@bt.com. Once I have received those details I will look into this and reply to you directly.

Thanks

Paddy

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

My brother had to pay for his connection too, think it was a deposit of £50 which he got back some time later!
CG Over An Out
0 Ratings
doonhamer1967
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Received a call from BT saying the charge is being reversed and will not be taken from my bank.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings