Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Charges for Broadband - during fault

Go to solution

Late December and into early january my broadband usage was excessive - diagnosed as faulty hub.  Fault resolved on 6th Jan when new hub installed.  I can't get suitable re-assurance via the many online chats and voice calls I have had with BT that I will not be charged for exceeding 40GB usage in BOTH december and January.

The first 6 days of January under fault used most of our 40GB cap so normal browsing since means we will exceed 40GB by months end.  A note on the broadband usage says we will be billed 26.50 for excessive usage even though  the bill has been received.

Please could you take a look at my account and assure me that I will not be charged for exceeding 40GB in December 13 and January 14.  Only once in the last year have we ever exceeded 40GB.

I hope you can assist

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 29

Re: Charges for Broadband - during fault

Go to solution

e-mail sent - ref: 140........................

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution
Update: just received e-mail that £26.50 has been added to my bill for December broadband usage over 40gb 😞

Close to January 40gb limit caused by fault so have had to unplug router and modem :-(. Using 3G on mobile to post this.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

You could use your BT Wifi hotspot, as that does not count towards your usage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution
I don't trust having the router on - days when not used still several mb used according to usage monitor and I only 150mb left.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution
Update - stopped using Internet Sunday at 10pm, then it's in power save 11pm till 6am, no use during day then unplugged from mains and phone socket - the result we have exceeded the 40gb limit yesterday even though we actually used no data! This is crazy - awaiting contact from mods.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution
Been over 2 weeks now since reporting faults - heard nothing back from BT other than a bill for usage we haven't made. Customer service poor.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution
Hi robsaboy,

Thanks for posting. We have your email and we'll be in touch soon.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution
Update: not used Internet since Sunday pm and unplugged from Monday 5.30pm. As happened on Monday, Tuesday Internet usage still occurred according to the usage monitor - another 420mb! Now over jan usage cap even though modem and router unplugged 😞
0 Ratings