cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrinkles
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Charges for Infinity

I have recieved a leaflet advertising BTinfinity at £24.99. I am an existing Broadband option 3 user.

What will be the charge to me / what part of my current charge no long applies

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Charges for Infinity

welcome to the forum

are you sure you can get infinity? you can check your exchange here to make sure  http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wrinkles
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

yes I can get infinity at forecasted speed of 34m
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I think it is probably up to you to phone Bt infinity and see, as a good customer, what deal they will offer.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jjgraphics
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Do give BT a call and try negotiating politely but firmly and see what sort of deal you can get.

Then please post back and let us know what is offered.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ViPz
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Trust me, i have been a BT customer for over 30 years, and when i tried to upgrade my BB from BT Total Broadband to Infinity, i was told they could do no offers because its a new product.

Bored at work, I (cheekily) called BT several times and got thru to different peope some nice, some aholes, all who told me the same thing.

This is dissapointing as when in the past i have complained about the measly 1.5mb speed i was recieving when i was paying £23 a month, BT said they couldnt help me because i was under contract, and when i was due to renew, they would try to do something (presumably knock money off my bill) - money was not the problem, the speed was!

So i have signed up for Infinity which is being installed tomorrow, so i will report back once it is all up and running.

Note to self - today my speeds are 728kbps DL, 354kbps UL @ broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk

0 Ratings
robinbredin
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

@ViPz wrote:

Trust me, i have been a BT customer for over 30 years, and when i tried to upgrade my BB from BT Total Broadband to Infinity, i was told they could do no offers because its a new product.

Bored at work, I (cheekily) called BT several times and got thru to different peope some nice, some aholes, all who told me the same thing.

This is dissapointing as when in the past i have complained about the measly 1.5mb speed i was recieving when i was paying £23 a month, BT said they couldnt help me because i was under contract, and when i was due to renew, they would try to do something (presumably knock money off my bill) - money was not the problem, the speed was!

So i have signed up for Infinity which is being installed tomorrow, so i will report back once it is all up and running.

@Note to self - today my speeds are 728kbps DL, 354kbps UL @ broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk

True, you will only get a deal if you have already had the product for the full term of your contract. With Infinity being a new product, BT will be out to get the money they put into fibre broadband.

0 Ratings