Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Charges for calls I did not make

Hello,

I live in East Sussex and recently (March) I was a victim of the telephone scam where BT cabinets were accessed by individuals who would tap into random phone lines and make a number of calls to mobile phone numbers in the early hours of the morning. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else and if you have been able to get the charges for the illegal calls refunded. I've phoned and written to BT but have had no response.

I found a link to the same thing happening to Sky customers, but can find nothing on the BT website

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Talk-Technical/Charges-for-calls-I-did-not-make-with-Sky-Talk/td-p/3...

Does anyone know the contact details of the BT fraud department (if one exists) or have any advice on how I can get the money refunded.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Charges for calls I did not make

Hi dj16 and welcome

Wow!

Having read the forum thread on the link you've posted (which may or not be removed by BT), I've now flagged this for a BTCare Forum Mods to look in to as this is something that we can't help you with.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi Dj16

Welcome to the forum.

Send us an email using the contact us link in my profile, you can find the link in the section 'About Me'

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Sorry, but where do I find the link to the 'About Me' section?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Look on this page, where it says "click here contact the mods"

http://community.bt.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/11

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

And to get to the page Keith has provided, simply click on the mods avatar or name, then you'll see the about me section;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings