Message 11 of 15

Re: Charges for exceeding Broadband limit

great post DS fully agree with your comments
0 Ratings
Grizzwald
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Hi there, I would like your opinion on my problem. My pc was switched off over the Christmas/New Year period and not turned on untill 7th of Jan. On checking my e-mails on 9th of Jan, I found one from BT dated 8th of Jan informing me I had used over 36GB of my 40GB allowance. I logged into My BT and checked my usage counter which stated that I had used 51.34GB and that my average monthly usage is 8.56GB. I immediately turned off my wifi, even though no-one had access to my router/password. Checking it today, I'm told it's at 57.53 GB and my pc has again been switched off and only used to check mails and log into Facebook occasionally.

I have been an unlimited BTBB customer for many years until 2010 when I downgraded and in all that time I have never even come close to using 40GB in a month. Upon doing a google search on the matter, I find I'm not the only person this is happening to. I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on this? Very unhappy chappy.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@FloFosterJenkins wrote:

And that's all I'll say in this thread, or I'll be accused of going off-topic Smiley Wink

I was just alerting Catteni, a newcomer, to the situation.

I guess we'll find out when your bill comes in and how it gets dealt with when you complain. Keep us posted. I don't want to be accused of going off topic either by the "off topic police" again so I'll say no more about it either.Smiley Very Happy

Grizzwald
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Sorry gg, I'm not used to this, is this an answer to my post?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

@Grizzwald wrote:
Sorry gg, I'm not used to this, is this an answer to my post?

No, as you may see in the post I quoted flo's comments so my reply was in response to that.

0 Ratings