cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Chasing a landline Port request - Getting a little desperate

Go to solution

Good Afternoon All,

I am getting a little desperate and so I am posting on this forum.  Is there a team in BT i can speak to about getting a number released to another supplier?

Long story short.... I moved landline from vodafone to BT.  BT requested the wrong number which was on vonage and a number being used for my wifes buisness.  despite no authorisation from my wife vonage released the number and took the business offline.  we alerted BT immediately who gave us a new number and released the previous number (this was the advice from the BT helpdesk).  Vonage immediately (on the 3rd December) requested the number back and we have not heard anything more.  Vonage keep chasing but getting nothing back from BT.  Nobody in BT have been able to help me.

The business has been without a phone number for 15 days now

Is there somebody i can speak to about this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Chasing a landline Port request - Getting a little desperate

Go to solution

@Cardiffhobbit 

As this is a business connection, you need to post on the business forum.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

This retail forum would be unable to help.

If BT own the number, then they would not release it to another provider.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

the number was not business related otherwise i would have posted on the Business forum.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Cardiffhobbit wrote:

the number was not business related otherwise i would have posted on the Business forum.

You said the number was for your wife`s business?

You need to check if the number that you are trying to get back, actually belongs to BT, if not then BT would not be able to help.

What are the first six digits of the number that you are trying to get back?  Please do not post the full number on this public forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

apologies, i was trying to give some context to the problem and why we are so desperate.  I clearly should have left that out.

It was a residential number originally owned by Vonage that had been published as the business number for the last 4 years (why that is the case is not relevant).  It was accidentally ported to BT residential and then "released" by BT on the 3rd to give me another one.  this was the advice i had from the BT agent at the time.  Vonage have requested the number back from BT on the 3rd December but have received nothing back.  I am just trying to find if there is a team in BT i can speak to about getting them to acknowledge the Vonage request and release the number.  is has been 15 (almost 16 days now).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Based on what you have said, forum members are unlikely to be able to help with this issue, as this is just a customer to customer help forum, and we are all just customers.

I cannot really think of who you could call, apart from the normal BT number of 0800 800 150, but I doubt they could help with this complex issue. I will see if a moderator can post here with any advice, but I suspect that its not something they can deal with.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Cardiffhobbit,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry if your Vonage number was taken over in error when your landline was moved to BT. I'm not sure how that would have happened unless that was the number that was requested when the order was placed with BT.

Vonage should be able to help to get the number back. Unfortunately, there isn't a team that I can speak to in BT that would be able to help get that number released to another provider. It would be up to Vonage to chase using their number port process.

Thanks,

Paddy