cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 25

Cheapest way to watch BT Sport Ultimate on my TV?

I have an LG OLED with Sky Q . Already have a Sky Sports Sub.  I already have BT broadband

Its a minefield of information online. Im reading some subscriptions you can view on a tv and some you cant ?? 

Thanks for your help in advance👍

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: Cheapest way to watch BT Sport Ultimate on my TV?

I'm afraid there's currently no app for LG TVs, and Ultimate isn't available on Sky, so the only way to watch BT Sport Ultimate on your LG TV would be via a connected device. e.g. Chromecast / Google TV, Fire TV, Now TV / Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation 4, or Netgem STB.

With one of those devices, you can then get a BT Sport Ultimate subscription for £15 a month on top of your Broadband subscription.

Message 3 of 25

thanks very much for that👍 are any of those devices more reliable than others with UHD / HDR ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 25

Normally I would recommend Chromecast with Google TV, but that currently has a firmware issue that is restricting Ultimate to 2K. This should be fixed "soon" though.

All platforms have experienced issues at some point or another, as operating system upgrades keep breaking stuff.

So I would recommend you select a device based on budget and personal preference.

(My personal preference is still Google TV, even with the current issue ... I'm slightly biased though, as it's one of my apps).
Message 5 of 25

For BT Sport Ultimate, is it not £15pm for BT Sport and £5pm for the HD/UHD add-on? So £20pm?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 25

Via the BT TV option, yes, there's an additional £5. I don't think that applies to the "app" option though, which I believe provides full access. The web site isn't clear.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 25

OK

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

@ozsat Is correct @DarrenDev , If you want the BT Sport Ultimate add on to the app then it’s an additional £5 per month. It’s what I’ve had since the app became available on the Fire Stick 4K last September. I’ve been an app only customer since Day 1 of BT Sport on 1st August 2013.

Message 9 of 25

Is that £5 offer for broadband only customers? 

I'm a BT mobile customer with a BT Sport app add on and wouldn't mind paying £5 extra to be able to watch it on TV

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 25

No @Floppyblue - the £5 is on top of the £15 subscription for BT Broadband customers. If you only have BT Mobile then no add-ons are available to upgrade the mobile-only subscription to a large screen one.