cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 11 of 21

Re: Checkers no longer show that FTTC Is coming ??

I have FTTC and it's not showing for me, there is a problem somewhere

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 21

Does the address checker work? http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addressOutput
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Thanks folks looks like it was just a glitch, the address checker and number checker seem to be working again and showing 31st march 2014..

Hopefully it will be accepting orders before then as it looks like alot of cabinets have all been connected according to the engineer..will post back once NGA enquiries get back to me..

Jim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 21

Just be aware that Mar 14 is a default setting only as Openreach decided to use this because of the number of times dates were being pushed back - you could be connected earlier or much later. The response from Openreach will be hopefully more definitive.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Initial date was august 2013 , it has been slipping since then, it said dec 2013 for a while then at the end of oct it said march 2014,,

Hopefully it will be this month as the speeds here are really bad just now.

Jim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Hi, got a reply back from NGA but it looks as though they are just going with what the availability checker says, this is the reply.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your enquiry about fibre broadband at Kilbirnie exchange cabinet WS/KIE 3. This cabinet is still in its build phase and if all goes to plan and we don’t encounter any problems, it is currently scheduled to go live in early to mid-March ’14.

If you have any further questions, please ensure you have read the FAQ's on our website, http://www.openreachfibrebroadband.co.uk/faq/ . If your question is answered within the FAQ section, we will not respond to your e-mail.

Not the reply i was hoping for and the info provided is what the wholesale checker says, thought the NGA enquiries would have been a bit more enlightning as to the situation.

Jim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Spoke to another engineer today who informed me that my cabinet and exchange are ready to go ! Why wont NGA tell the truth about live dates instead of telling me my area is still in the build phase, i know from doing lots of checks that there are at least 9-10 cabinets with dates set now.

Jim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

not every Cabinet goes live at the same time they come in service in phases it will go live as and when Openreach are ready
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

i understand not all cabinets go live at the same time , but alot of the cabinets have been done for some time now and from what the local engineers say are all ready to go,, NGA have said they are still in build phase ? and planned for mid march this year thats nearly 12 months later than first scheduled.

Why cant they be honest and say what the real story is cause i dont believe they are still in build phase as the engineer last time said they were testing ? as of now no cabinets are live but all seem to be installed and no new works are going on.

Jim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

the testing phase can take up to several months if during the initial install there have been problems as a lot of the testing is done remotely local engineers are not always involved
0 Ratings