Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majordave
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Checking Mobile phone usage

Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently installed a BT sim card on my android phone and I wanted to check data usage etc. I believed the bt app would allow me to do this, however, when I try to download the app, I am advised that my phone is not compatible with the app. Is there any other way I can find out what is my data usage and other usage information?

Any advice appreciated

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
RubyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Checking Mobile phone usage

Go to solution
Hi, download BT mobile App. It's specific to the sim/handset rather than your BT account. Updates real time for you on useage balance etc.... you might also want to use BTWIFI as that is free and saves your data when out and about 😀
0 Ratings
RubyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
When your downloading the App which one is it ? What handset do you have. I'll look into that if I can for you as well.
0 Ratings
majordave
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

Thank you for taking the trouble to look into my mobile phone problem.

Basically, I cannot get past the download stage because the myBTapp installer states my device is "incompatible".

Unfortunately, my mobile phone is a few years old. It is a Nokia E55 running on a Symbian OS v9.3 (S60 3rd ed) operating system. It's a good phone and usually, I can get around these types of problems but not in this case.

This is why I wondered if the were other records of my usage account kept bt BT that I could access.

I had also intended to download the BT(McAfee) antivirus software and I may get a similar problem!!!!

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards,

David

0 Ratings
RubyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Hi I'll have a look and see re your handset. But if you go to the bt.com/mybt you can log in with your BT ID (email you gave ordering your service and password) if you don't remember them or didn't set it up click log in and then register.

Once your logged.(on your mobile) In there click the menu button on the left in . (Square with three lines in)

You'll see My package and a little pink arrow to open options.
Click package overview
Select the mobile number
Scroll down to useful link header and click manage my mobile account.

From here you can view your useage.
You can also turn on things like
Roaming
Set spend caps
Change your plan etc.

The app only diverts you over here anyway. If you save your password etc. It's literally a few clicks more and far more info than the bt mobile app.

majordave
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

I followed your notes on accessing bt.com/mybt but on the mobile phone it would not connect to the web (my Nokia E55 OS or perhaps the browser?), however, I followed your instructions on my tablet (Android) and YES got to the page without trouble. I don't need to access the information "on the go" so really you have solved the problem for me -THANKS

This week I will see if I can download BT's antivirus software on to the Nokia E55 using the newly installed Opera mini browser. We will see what happens.

If you do dig up any information on alternative browsers or patches for the Nokia Symbian OSv9.3 that give better compatibility with BT's services and software it would be great

Thanks again for your help.

Take care 

David

0 Ratings
RubyM
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Glad your sorted David. I will see what I can find out for you. I use blue stacks a lot on my windows laptop to download android apps into not sure if that will work but I'll certainly have a look into it. If it does it will make life easier for you as you can use google play through it. If I find anything I'll let you know x
0 Ratings