cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 30

Christmas Music

I've started listening to my Christmas Music selections - listened to the Frank Sinatra Christmas Album while I made dinner for my wife. I don't often get a pain free day to stand at the cooker and the sink. I made creamy mashed potatoes and cooked what in Scotland what we call gigot chops - which are straight cuts off the leg of lamb and includes the bone.

Mr Sinatra helped greatly!

What's your favourite music for Christmas? I prefer carols.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 30

Re: Christmas Music

At the risk of sounding like a scrooge I despise xmas music.  All goes back to the days I worked in a hotel, on the 1st December the one xmas CD in the place went on repeat the whole day, couple this with 15 hour shifts all the way up to Mid January you may understand.

OF course the Pogues get a free pass with Fairtayle of New York, In fact Christy Moore does a really good version of this too.

I prefer the classical stuff Like Handels Messiah and Bach Christmas Oratorio.

P.S thank you for clearing up gigot chops, I seen these in an episode of Still Game ages ago and always thought they were pork!

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 30

btw, if anyone can tell me the name of the particularly haunting choral xmas song from Home Alone 2 I'll give them a biscuit!

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 30

I prefer the classical side for Christmas and the old stuff like Nat King Cole 

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 30

Christmas music?

IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER!!!!

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 30

@CraigS wrote:

btw, if anyone can tell me the name of the particularly haunting choral xmas song from Home Alone 2 I'll give them a biscuit!

You mean this one? ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beR6drQejEo

My Christmas Tree.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 30

@RogerB wrote:

@CraigS wrote:

You mean this one? ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beR6drQejEo

My Christmas Tree.

Close but no cigar 😞 the search continues.  Appreciate the effot though 🙂

BTCare Community Mod

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 30

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 30

@CraigS  If RB's second guess is not the one, there's a full list of tracks here. You could try to track down each one on YouTube or get a CD from Amazon for about sick squid. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

I'm with you on this Craig. I really can't stand xmas music. Even the thought of heading to the local shop for a few basics takes on a new form of dread. Lets face it, Cliff Richard on repeat is a form of torture. In case you EVER think you might want to give it a try......remember this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXjbI3kRus

I rest my case

Cheers

David

0 Ratings