cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Chromecast Audio Devices

I have setup a Smart hub with three Chromecast Audio devices on the 5ghz network.  I have split my 2.4GHZ and 5 GHZ networks and turned off the BT smart setup . However chromecast audio operation seems very unreliable compared to my HH4. I can often/sometimes send music to individual devices but only rarely to all thee defined as a group.

Is anyone else having problems with Chromecast audio devices connected to a smart hub.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Ian7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Chromecast Audio Devices

Bit of an update to others experiancing problems with Chromecast audio devices and a Smarthub

Historically I had my Chromecast Audio devices on 5GHz I have now moved them onto 2.4GHz, I also recreated all my groupings.

I now find that individual Chromecast audio devices seem to work more reliably. However groups of Chromecast are intermittant and I cannot find a pattern yet to the odd behavour.

Interestingly, the more Chromecast devices in a group the more unrealiable casting is - with one of more devices showing music is being cast (Google Home app) but not actually playing music.

More investigation required !!!

0 Ratings