cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waterman6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Chromecast Icon does not appear on the app

I signed up to BT mobile about 6 months ago and with that I got access to BT Sport 1 via the android app.  I also chose to pay the extra £5 to get access to the 3 other BT Sport Channels.

A few weeks ago I decided to switch my broadband and calls from Virgin to BT in order that I could cast the app to my tv (i have a Chromecast).  However the cast icon is not appearing on the BT Sport app.  It appears on all the other compatible apps - iplayer, youtube, now tv, google photos etc.  I have a Nexus 5 with the latest version of Marshmallow.

Just wondered if anyone has any idea why the cast icon isn't showing up?  Cheers

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Chromecast Icon does not appear on the app

@waterman6

If I recall correctly you raised this back in January.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-via-the-App-or/Chromecast-icon-not-appearing/m-p/15770...

i believe the mods offered assistance back then Did you contact them as they suggested ?

If you did was there any evolution at the time ?

If you didn't then we can always ask the mods to postt a further link as the January one may no longer be active.

0 Ratings
waterman6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Yes, could you please post another link so that I could contact the mods.  I've been trying to sort this out with BT but had no luck.

I'm new to the site and I didn't know if it was safe to give me details to the moderators but I'm assuming they're trustworthy.

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

I'm asking the mods to give you another offer to help and they will post contact info here in the morning. They are reliable BT staff but may take a few days to respond to referrals as they are usually very busy. If you use their contact link, please wait for a reply as a concurrent enquiry to the public helpdesk would be likely to cause confusion.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 5 of 5

Hi @waterman6,

You can get in touch with us by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. You'll find it in my about me section.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings