Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Chromecast and Homehub 3

Go to solution

I installed our new CC last night.

Initially I tried it on the main TV adjacent to the main router which is a HH5.  The results were as follows:

Netflix - worked no problem

YouTube worked in a fashion but was slow and could drop the signal

Play Music - no sound but the static Google headphone screen appeared

Vevo - Pulled up part of a screen which appeared to be from the HH setup, there was  BT button visible with some text

BBC iPlayer - Pulled up part of a screen which appeared to be from the HH setup, there was  BT button visible with some text

I then set it up on our 2nd TV which is adjacent to a HH3 which is setup as a wireless extender using powerlink adapters connecting it back to the HH5 and Infinity.

The results were exactly the same.

I sort of expected problems with HH5 as seems to be reported quite widely but as HH3 does not have Smart Setup and is single frequency I assumed it would be less likely to have problems.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to the HH3 to make all the apps work?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Chromecast and Homehub 3

Go to solution

No-one experience this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Sorted.  I am not sure what has made the difference but I:

1.  Disabled Smart Setup on the HH5 (masterhub)

2.  Restarted the HH3

3.  Left it for a few days.

I still have an issue with the Google Play Music app but that's a Google issue, I think, rather than a BT issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

This may not be of much help Navrig, but i am new to Chromecast and only got mine 2 days ago.

I have the HH3 and the set up couldn't have been easier. I'm no techie, but i absolutely sailed through the set up, and all apps are working perfectly and im streaming from my phone.

One thing i luckily checked yesterday was my usage. It was through the roof compared to normal, so i had to upgrade to unlimited.

One query i have that i cant find an answer to is does the CC dongle use up usage when you are not casting?

I know its off topic, but you are the only other person i have seen on here that has one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

There are other threads on the Chromecast - mainly to do with issues with the HH5.

I can't answer your question about usage and I doubt you'll get an anwer here as it is a Google issue rather than BT.

There are some very useful and informative Google Groups which cover the Chromecast.

Glad your setup went well.  Mine has now resolked itself and it seems to be working fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Don't know if this ever got resolved Tel. I have no problems with BT (lucky me) so don't often come on here.

Anyhoo, got 2 chromecasts, living room TV and kitchen TV, running via our Infinity 2 connection and HH4, no cap.

Our use is 95% streaming online content from such as Netflix, and I'd expect that to count (although it's acedemic for me as I'm on an unlimited package).

When not in use I can't see it using any data other than phoning home every so often.

How you getting on with your CC?

For us, for the hidden form factor and price, it's probably the best bit of kit we've ever bought.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

we set up chromecast and it worked for a few days but thn chromecast came up on tv but tablet wouldnt link to it even though both were conecting to hub - wireless sign for chromecast had disappeared from tablet. - was using youtube at time.

0 Ratings