cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Chromecast dropping feed?

I use the BT app on my tablet and Nexus phone then cast to Chromecast.  Picture quality is in brilliant HD but the Chromecast keeps dropping the feed.  I then have to keep returning to to the phone/ tablet to restart the feed.  Annoying!!  The Chromecast is sat right next to my BT hub so I don't think poor connection is the problem.

I have a broadband speed of 8meg, not brilliant but surely this should be acceptable.

Any thoughts on this issue with Chromecast would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Chromecast dropping feed?

Hi OldCoolTrendy,

Are you still experiencing issues with this? I see you've posted on the 12th saying it didn't drop.  From what you have described it doesn't sound like a problem with your broadband speed but possibly a wireless connectivity problem if the wireless drops out then you will lose picture.

It's recommended you use the extender included with your Chromecast dongle but if this continues you may need to change or refresh your wireless channel to avoid interference on the signal.  I've included some links that you may find helpful Chromecast and how to Change wireless channel

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Chromecast dropping feed?

Thanks for your reply. 

I have an Openreach tech coming on Tuesday to check the system in the building.  I'm now running at 1.4mbs and below on the **bleep**ty scale.  I think that might be the problem!!

Regards.

0 Ratings