cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

Just to let you know that my last two or three posts are being redacted and no longer appear on the forum.

The posts included details of the CEO's of both BT Group and OpenReach e-mail addresses.  The data contained therin was public information openly available on the internet.

My posts are being removed which is an infringement of my Human Rights - the right to receive and impart information.

If any MOD is agrieved at this post I suggest they contact me directly, you have my details.

I have e-mailed both CeO's directly and will include a copy of this posted statement 'before' it is posted in case it also is redacted.

It will be printed as a PDF and sent directly to them.

This is a free country where I should be able to comment without fear

0 Ratings
plainview
Recognised Expert
Message 52 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

Perhaps it was removed because it was partially wrong, you said Mike Rake was the CEO of Openreach. He's not, never has been. He is the Chairman of the BT Group.

You sure you were voted the Village Broadband Champion and not the Village Idiot?

0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 85

I should learn to read the documentation available to myself before commiting, of course Olivia Garfield, Chief Executive is the correct entry.

However, I take the 'village idiot' to be a personal attack on my integrity and ask you to withdraw it as that is defamitory.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 54 of 85

Good job he said "not the village idiot" then, as that's clearly not defamitory.

This forum has rules which you accept when you sign-up. That will hamper your case of free-speech.

I had posts removed too, so don't feel victimised. Your posts broke some of the rules, mine didn't.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 85

@legitimise_sailing - removing psots is acceptable provided it is replaced with a statement stating that it has been removed and why as other forums do.

You may well be interested that I have already received 2 e-mails this evening from the BT Group CEO but still without illiciting an answer (as yet) to my original post (which I have sent him).

You may wonder why I continue this, but I find when someone says NO to me in whatever fashion this just makes me ever more determined to blast the wall down.  The best way for BT Broadband, OpenReach, BT Wholesale or BT Group can handle me is to tell me the 'truth' not the obfuscation.

0 Ratings
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 56 of 85

The rules on this forum seem to deviate from common courtesy in quite a few areas, so I'm no longer surprised when odd things happen.

I'm sure you will get all the information you want, if it is available and not commercially sensitive.

I'm also sure that you're doing this for the right reasons and the good people of Ciren who you represent, will be grateful of your persistency especially when they get to experience superfast broadband for themselves.

We all had to wait though but worth it in the end.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 85

PS @legitimise_sailing - rules - shame the link to them is not readily available then on the forum footer.

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 58 of 85

Just posting to provide some information.

On the forum home page - http://community.bt.com/ - it does give the link to the Community Guidelines.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
jac_95
Guru
Guru
Message 59 of 85

As DS has posted the  Community Guidelines can be found by clickling here. Also the Community Forum's Terms of Use that you agreed to when registering can be found by clicking here

You may also be interested in this forum announcement here: Community Update - contacting senior management 

In my opinion, and this is my opinion which you can either take on board or ignore, I honestly don't understand why there is such a big fuss about the FTTC progress for your postcode area.

Openreach's superfast fibre broadband rollout plan is very complex and doesn't always go to plan. There are many reasons why there might be a delay in deploying fibre broadband to your address/postcode area which we have mentioned a few.

However you also have to realise that your lucky that Openreach have considered your postcode area in their Superfast Openreach Plan.

Also according to the BT Wholsale database your postcode area could already be receiving speed between 4.5Mbps and 8Mbps on AdslMax (G.DMT upto 8mbps adsl broadband) and speeds between 5.5Mbps and 12.5Mbps on Adsl2+ (upto 20mbps adsl broadband).

There are many who get a broadband speed of 2mbps or below on a adsl broadband connection, and their postcode area isn't even on the Openreach Fibre broadband rollout plan.

For example my area. I get a adsl broadband connection between 0.8mbps to 1.5mbps however the exchange and area isn't on the Openreach Fibre broadband rollout plan so there is currently no plans to improve the broadband speed in my area.

As to BT Retail, they can only give you the information which Openreach tells all communication providers. The Openreach Superfast Fibre broadband plan is not shared and Openreach are the only one's who know the plans.

In conclusion, I wouldn't get bogged down in trying to get a answer. Yes sure email the email we provided you to the NGA Openreach department but if they don't give you the answer your looking for then don't retaliate back. Just leave them to do their job and be patient. As already said there are many areas which Openreach haven't included into their fibre rollout plans and some are currently getting much slower broadband speeds than your currently getting.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
sy5gtt
Contributor
Message 60 of 85

Amen!
0 Ratings