cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryant704
Guru
Message 81 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

Openreach only provide the equipment needed to get the modem to work, the rest of Job is yours but BT provide you with the router and a few cables so you can surf away.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 82 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

Well engineer arrived a 16:15, in and working by 17:00 with a bit of a compromise on wiring, achieving 73/15 Down/Up.

Fibre modem larger than expected.

Will see how it goes over next 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
davidramsay
Aspiring Expert
Message 83 of 85

Just a quick update, and a thank you for putting up with some of my rants.

My connection achieves 79.8Mb/s from exchange to fibre modem according to - http://diagnostics.bt.com/wf/Start.do?workflow=Speed

My download/upload via wireless is 65.4Mb/14.3Mb.  This has been consistent within reasonable bounds since 11th March.

To help a few others my master socket was in the bedroom but the BT engineer moved it to the kitchen where I had the HH3 already.  I agreed with the move and agreed that I should go wireless with all the phones.  The engineer was extremely efficient and discussed exactly what he was going to do. 

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 84 of 85

We've seen worse rants. We also know the frustration caused with lack of information but that's the way of things, it happens with Openreache's main rival as well.

At least you are up and running with a fault free install which is always good to hear.

0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 85 of 85

A SCP is a secondary connection point so 16/1 is an SCP off of PCP (Primary Connnection Point) 16, so any line fed from an SCP would also be routed through the PCP. Openreach only provide a RDSLAM on a PCP.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings