cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

'a PS in that case if I enter my t.phone no then I should not be told 'Accepting Orders' as that is plainly total 'b......s', truth is far better than fiction!'

Where abouts, i.e. what web site are you entering your phone number and its telling you they are, 'accepting orders'?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 85

@daviddramsay

Where on the web site; http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ are you entering your phone number?

All I can find is somewhere to enter a post code.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 14 of 85

Hi davidramsay,

I'm afraid you can't order FTTC broadband such as BT infinity yet as your FTTC cabinet isn't ready to become active yet. This can be due to many reasons as stated before.

Your best option is to keep checking the BT Wholesale Database ( http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl ) and once it says that WBC FTTC broadband is available to your line the you can Order BT Infinity by going to http://www.bt.com/infinity

You can only order when your FTTC cabinet has become active.

Your exchange is stated as Accepting Orders because 10 or more FTTC cabinets are already live.

**The Fibre broadband rollout is being managed and done by Openreach so BT Retail (This communication provider) does not have any input in when and if Fibre broadband such as BT Infinity will be available**

Hope that helps,
Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 85

my post code gl7 1pj
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 85

Thanks for that reply but I am already aware of the 10 cabinet etc etc. What I want/need to know is an implementation date that will be met, not the vapourware answers that I need to check back etc etc.

I also want a justification for the delay to be able to present this to my local users as broadband champion.

Until I receive a definitive answer I will continue to batter this one into the ground - ask Thames Water about me and what I am prepared to do!
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 85

"I'm afraid you can't order FTTC broadband such as BT infinity yet as your FTTC cabinet isn't ready to become active yet"

@jac_95, you obviously know more about my cabinet than myself, perhaps you could enlighten me about my cabinet ID and where you have determined that it isn't ready to become active yet?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 85

For someone who is supposedly a 'Broadband Champion', whatever that is you haven't looked very well into it because if you had you would have found this web site; http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/ and this e-mail address; nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk long before now.

Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 85

@davidramsay

The forum here is run by many different individuals who have a passion to help others with their communication issues ( 99.9% are not BT Employees, although moderators are at hand to oversee many issues)

It sounds like we are unable to fully answer all the questions you have regarding the availability of Infinity in your local area.

The information supplied to us is all in the public domain somewhere, as previously explained there are many many reasons why dates slip from month to month. HERE// are just a few reasons from the Openreach website why it is not always that simple.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 85

@plainview - thanks for the links, unfortuenately a lot of the Broadband Champion info is no more than relaying information, I already new about the FAQ but it doesn't answer my specific question does it?

Thanks for the link to the enquiries, I will certainly be using that 😉

0 Ratings