cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Guru
Message 21 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

When entering either your phone number or address into the BT Wholesale Database you say it states that there is an estimation date for 31st March for WBC FTTC broadband.

When I check all the address for your postcode GL71PJ the data I get back is "Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2013" which would mean that it is not ready to be activated yet therefore no one connected to that cabinet can yet order FTTC broadband such as BT Infinity as the FTTC.

Before the FTTC cabinets go live they need to be planned (ie where to place them, request planning permission from council, check power supply, etc..) then they need to be installed and then tested before that FTTC cabinet is ready.

Until the BT Wholesale Database says something like "Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of xx.x Mbps and upstream line speed of xx Mbps" without the "Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st March 2013" bit then you will be unable to order for FTTC broadband.

You can try emailing nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk as they maybe able to provide more information. Please be aware the Openreach are busy so do not expect an immediate reply.

Hope that helps,

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

Thanks jac_95, I have e-mailed them already.

However, I would ask you if you think it is reasonable to quote dates from 30th September, then move them to end of December, then 31st March without including an explanation for the changes within the reply associated with the web site query.

IMHO this is called good customer service, what we are currently getting is bordering on unacceptable do you not think?

We are expected to accept statements of change without justification, I do NOT work without a justification, I batter at the wall until the justification is forthcoming!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 85

PS Jac_95, the cabinet has been installed for about 6 weeks!
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 24 of 85

No problem davidramsay.

As to the estimated dates they are just estimations and the end of month estimation dates are usually "placeholder" dates that can move if there is a problem or delay.

Openreach's Superfast Fibre broadband Where and When map does report major delays or problems in activating a FTTC cabinet by showing a Yellow Pin near the address. For example if you go to http://superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ and enter the postcode CT9 2NJ a yellow pin will appear. If you click on the pin it will give you a short paragraph of the problem.

It can also take about 2 or 4 months for a FTTC cabinet to become activate once it starts being installed. This is a basic and general time scale so the actual time for the FTTC cabinet to become active could be more or less.

I'm afraid BT Retail this communication provider only has the information that Openreach provide to all communication providers so emailing that Openreach email we gave you will hopefully give you a more specific answer.

Cheers

Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 85

Thanks again jac_95, however the info that is given for the post code is just the same is it not;

"This marker shows cabinet: P23
Which is linked to exchange: THANET
Please note: This is the intended area for the cabinet that will provide fibre broadband services to your postcode. We're sorry but it’s taking us longer than planned to get your cabinet ready for service. Please bear with us.

We're sorry that the work we are doing to bring fibre broadband to your area is taking longer than first planned. This can be for many reasons that include blocked underground cable routes, issues with providing electrical power to the cabinet and issues with the cabinet’s location. Please bear with us while we work to resolve this which may take some time. We will continue to work on this and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused."

Pat them on the head, give them some platitudes and hope they don't contact us.

I suspect the reason there is a delay in response from that e-mail contact address is that they have dropped a very big one, all they needed to do was explicitly state the reason which would considerably reduce the contacts.

All it requires is a relational database and link the yellow pins to the explicit record and keep the record updated.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 26 of 85

Haha well at least they are trying though reasons may seem a bit vague.

I've just started using and coding with relational databases so know what you mean.

Hopefully they will email you back with more information on what's happening with your cabinet.

Cheers

Try a Search
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 85

'unfortuenately a lot of the Broadband Champion info is no more than relaying information'

So basically the people in your village, town or estate are to lazy to enter their own postcode/phone number into the availabilty checkers they rely on someone else to do it for them?

Wow, I meet some lazy ******* on a daily basis but the community you representive take the biscuit.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 85

I take that as an unacceptable point of view 'plainview'.

The idea is to provide a conduit for information on the latest status, I do this via the local village news which is published once a month but there is no point if the information is inaccurate and that is down to BT Wholesale, BT OpenReach and BT Broadband.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 29 of 85

@davidramsay wrote:
I take that as an unacceptable point of view 'plainview'.

The idea is to provide a conduit for information on the latest status, I do this via the local village news which is published once a month but there is no point if the information is inaccurate and that is down to BT Wholesale, BT OpenReach and BT Broadband.

There are three people who can tell you what you want, yourself, Openreach and your local MP.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 85

sorry ryant704, I don't see how you come to that conclusion;

1 - myself - how can I tell myself why there is a delay if I don't know the explicit reason, I wouldn't have posted the question in the first place?
2 - OpenReach - agreed they should be able to tell me but will they and will they keep me updated?
3 - why should my MP be able to tell me why the delay, he would have to go through the same rigmarole as I have

So far I know that;
- I cannot order until the cabinet is ready
- the cabinet has been installed for 6 weeks approx but the exchange says I can order
- there is no 'yellow pin' indicating a delay
- my question - how can I order is partly answered but NOT to my satisfaction but the additional info re e-mail is the most positive outcome from jac_95
0 Ratings