cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

@ryant704 wrote:

There are three people who can tell you what you want, yourself, Openreach and your local MP.

Nope, I think you will find it is Openreach who hold all the information, not certain that they would share that with the local MP. Smiley Very Happy

And as far as davidramsay knowing the answers, was that not why he came here to ask in the 1st place?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Guru
Message 32 of 85

Re: Cirencester Exchange Accepting Orders but there is NO information on how to do this

@Devon_Dave wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

There are three people who can tell you what you want, yourself, Openreach and your local MP.

Nope, I think you will find it is Openreach who hold all the information, not certain that they would share that with the local MP. Smiley Very Happy

And as far as davidramsay knowing the answers, was that not why he came here to ask in the 1st place?

Your local MP should know the placeholders, as for mine did and gave me a lot more detail than Openreach did.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 85

A few things;

1.  I have e-mailed my local council CEO asking specific questions since BT are supposed to be communicating with them!

2.  I e-mailed the MOD's getting the reply that the date is etc etc, stating what I already know, which in reality is NOT what I want to know!

3.  I e-mailed SamKnows and they came back to me saying they can only provide information available publicly and not the state of any individual cabinet.

Seems like BT Group want to keep all information secret, this is NOT conducive t good customer service ;-(

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 34 of 85

@davidramsay wrote:

Seems like BT Group want to keep all information secret, this is NOT conducive t good customer service ;-(

It is good business practice not to let your competitors know what you are doing.

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 85

@legitimise_sailing wrote:

@davidramsay wrote:

It is good business practice not to let your competitors know what you are doing.

Yay, it's a miracle legitimise_sailing , something we both agree on 😄

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 85

"It is good business practice not to let your competitors know what you are doing."

I am NOT asking for the information to be made public particularly, however, the state of a single cabinet amongst 10's of thousands will NOT give anyone an advantage.

BT have a monopoly on the infrastructure (I mean by that the Group as a whole) you cannot s..t without the group being involved, even the competition need to access the same network and they are likely to already know the detail from OpenReach and BT Wholesale.

So don't be fooled by the spin!

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 85

Why don't you e-mail nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk and ask them about the status of the cabinet your line connects to?

You might as well because no one on here can tell you.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 85

PS I am NOT a competitor I only want to know WTF is going on explicitl;y!

I WILL keep at it until the detail is forthcoming even after I have an enabled infrastructure, so lets not get complacent, I want to know the answer to my original question - the exchange is enabled, how do I order?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 85

@plainview - I have!

BTW I do not believe that 'no one here' can tell me, that may well be the presented position but anyone with access to BT systems infrastructure can answer the question!

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 85

@davidramsay wrote:

@plainview - I have!

BTW I do not believe that 'no one here' can tell me, that may well be the presented position but anyone with access to BT systems infrastructure can answer the question!

This is a BT customer forum, which means BT customers helping other BT customers.

0 Ratings