Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Clear browsing history in Google Chrome

Go to solution

Since the new privacy rules came in, I cannot clear my browsing history in Google Chrome. I select the correct items and hit the correct keys but all the previous search terms remain in the search box. Previously when I performed this operation there was a blue link in the screen's top right corner saying "Finished Clearing Data" or something similar. That link nolonger appears on my screen.

Anyone else had this problem with Chrome?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Clear browsing history in Google Chrome

Go to solution

I haven't tried deleting all my history as I don't want to lose it; but there's no problem with removing individual items. I can't quite see what your problem is - can you describe exactly what you're doing?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
arron1718
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
google sync might be the problem

if its on all your history,bookmarks ect are stored on google site
you need to find it in your google account and delete it
0 Ratings
IanLoughlin
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Looks like it is Google policy to deter people from clearing their browsing history. The following article might shed some light on it. Can't say I'm impressed.

Lou

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/320137

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

The link was helpful as it prompted me to remove my search history from Google while the going is good. But the article doesn't apply to Chrome browsing history, which was the subject of your original post.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings