0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 282 of 295

Re: BST TIME and no fix for the HUB2 clock

Home hub 3 

Firmware 4.7.5.1.83.3.37 (Type B)

Clock still not fixed.

I really wish BT would have a thread of known bugs (for home hubs, bt vision etc.) that (a) - they cannot fix due to technial limitations and (b) - they choose not to fix (due to time/cost etc. for limited benefit).  It would save on forum ink.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 283 of 295

I've complained about this and just received an apology but no timeline for a fix.

We are talking 16 months since this surfaced and it should be a relatively simple fix.

Why are we still waiting for a fix?? I wish I knew...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 284 of 295

Guys, at the risk of incurring the wrath of the "clock community", this really isnt a big issue. If you want to run really old technology like HH2 which is end of life then recode it yourself.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 285 of 295

It may not be a big issue for one person but is for another.

Plus when something is there we want it to work. Recoding it ourselves is not as straightforward as simply getting hold of the code and making what should be a simple change as far as I can tell but then I haven't looked into it further.

I do have the HomeHub 4 now and may go back to 2 as the wireless performance is awful on HomeHub 4 which surprises me.

While that issue is a subject for another forum I cannot comment on whether the time is handled correctly.

By the way it also affects HomeHub 3 as far as I'm aware.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 286 of 295

It's annoying and should have been fixed long ago as promised. But a big issue? Not when it can easily be overcome by settling for GMT and adjusting any hub timings twice a year while you're resetting your clocks.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 287 of 295

It's actually not easily overcome without some impact at least depending on how you use it.

We can't set it to GMT/BST ourselves (believe I'm correct here?) without setting the time manually. When you do that the time keeping of all the hubs I've used has been poor to say the least.

Anything that relies on the time on the hub being correct is then impacted such as when you are restricting access.

With correct automatic time keeping as happens with any Windows PC there is no problem.

My Cisco wireless router while far more complicated to setup looks much more appealing when I see problems like this. Or switching to one of the other routers I have but I'd lose BT Vision if I did that sadly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 288 of 295

@Doobleshaft wrote:

We can't set it to GMT/BST ourselves (believe I'm correct here?) without setting the time manually.

:

The time is fixed to GMT when set to automatic.

And yes, in repsonse to an earlier comment, this does still affect HH3 as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 289 of 295

@Doobleshaft wrote:

It's actually not easily overcome without some impact at least depending on how you use it.

We can't set it to GMT/BST ourselves (believe I'm correct here?) without setting the time manually. When you do that the time keeping of all the hubs I've used has been poor to say the least.

Anything that relies on the time on the hub being correct is then impacted such as when you are restricting access.

I suggested changing the timings, not the time. Come the end of October the hub clock will be correct for the UK, so the required timings can be set. If the problem still exists at the end of March, leave the hub on GMT and put the timings back by an hour.

Eg, midnight BST = 11pm GMT. So if you have an event programmed for midnight all you need to do is put it back to 11pm during BST. Etc.

Obviously, it would be better for the issue to be fixed.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 290 of 295

So what do you mean by timings then? We are talking about the time setting on the HomeHub (various versions) are we not? Forgive my confusion but I don't know what you mean.

Yes at the last Sunday in October it will work normally again just as it did last year. But this is not a fix for the problem.

In repsonse to a previous post too (as I stated) we can't set GMT or BST (haven't verified this as I'm not using a homehub2) at present, which is completely different from what the hub decides to call it or display.

While I haven't looked for some time now on the homehub2, when I last checked and it was set to automatic the time reported BST but was actually GMT. From memory when we set it to manual, it still shows what was previously shown when automatic e.g. would show BST currently though I may be wrong on that.

Interestingly I've just checked on my HomeHub4 and couldn't find any time settings or a time display. Which kind of looks like avoiding the problem by simply not implementing the function.

The point anyway regardless of my comments is that some users rely on or use this function and if it is meant to be there, then we just want it to work as expected. Can anyone give us an update on the status from BT as I've not heard anything since May?

0 Ratings