cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pippincp
Sage
Message 21 of 99

Re: Close to changing provider - can someone please reset my phone line.

@IceZarothThere is no need to thank me, the customer community here could not do anything to help you so the mods were the only resort for you for a resolution and believe me, they will help you get there.

As I said earlier ISP's don't give credence to upload speeds, they are only interested in headline download speed.

Which are currently gathering information from customers to change the face of how internet connections are sold.

I urge both of you and anyone else viewing this thread to contribute your opinions to help ISP's provide the service you expect.

Do not go there just to have a rant, keep it simple and straightforward.

Link.

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 99

give you a laugh went to that site and used the speedtest its so whack its not funny its showing my upload is up to 4mbps but the latency is over 300 freaky ...

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 23 of 99

Ha ha! I don't know which site you are redirected to for the test but it's even wrong for me!

2017-05-06 11_52_24-Broadband Checker from Which_.png

This tells a different story.

2017-05-06 11_53_25-Administrator_ C__Windows_system32_cmd.exe.png

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 99

Update: Got a call from David this Morning amazing difference from india, look forward to whats coming 🙂

Thank You

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 99

Now please note when I said im looking forward to whats coming this latency was not it ... I'm j/king no one reply to this

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 99

UPDATE #2

This is just my case so far slow upload for 10 days india is fed up speaking to me and passed me to a manager, said manager looked over everything and did a final check on what i've done check wise in the house including changing wires foir new ones still slow upload ... manager contacted hub team and told them I was on a HH4 with the openreach fibre modem on the wall, managers reply the hub team is sending out a new HH5 for me and that will also do away with the fibre modem on the wall the openreach one as the HH5 runs on its own direct to phone socket... i'll let you know if this fixes the issue on thursday/friday.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 99

Unlikely...
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 28 of 99

I doubt very much if you see any change using the HH5.

What are you doing talking to CS in India when you have a mod willing to deal with your problem?

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 99

Hold on a second its been india since day 1, but yes a mod is also working the issue, if the HH5 does'nt work then I will count on the Mod to get a engineer visit to fix the issue if its not the HH5, the guy in india has called 5 times now over the 10 days and finally get his manager to call its not me they are calling me, do you want me to answer the phone with oh dont try to fix my issue cause a community mod is on the case, of couse not, the end justifies the means in my case the customer wants the issue fixed, if its a hardware issue then the HH5 will sort this, if its out of my house then the Mod/engineer will get to the bottom of it, let me get the HH5 and try first if thats a no go then im sure the mod that im dealing with will then get a engineer out to fix the problem.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 99

An engineer won't solve it as it's not a physical problem between the house and the cabinet.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings