cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 99

Re: Close to changing provider - can someone please reset my phone line.

19:58 update ... Hub resync'ed twice in succession thought it might be someone trying to fix something but not sure, but umm download speed is spot on...

0 Ratings
Jayebmx
Contributor
Message 72 of 99

I've never seen something like that, especially a upload so slow. If you carry through to further diagnostics on the BTW Checker, could you post your IP Profile, your download seems fine, maybe there is a issue with your IP profile (on the upload side of things)

Connect your HH5 to the master socket, and then post the line stats again so people can see the MAX LINE RATE of your line, just to rule out any more problems with DLM. (You should be using the HH5 anyway, it saves a extra socket rather than using the BTO modem, and you will get asked to provide this more if you have more problems. Plus disconnecting and plugging in the HH5 and vice versa again will ompact your connection so id recommend keeping the HH5 plugged in)

There isn't nothing wrong with the BTO Modem, but it doesn't really do much more than the HH5, unless it benefits your connection by both Huawei equipment working together. (thats if you are connected to a Huawei cab)

-Jaye.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 73 of 99

The IP profile is set by the speed not the other way round.

0 Ratings
Jayebmx
Contributor
Message 74 of 99

From my personal experience ive always had problems i have a sync of 70mbps, (well 68) and always get banded to 52mbps and have to get a engineer out every couple of months to perform a complete line reset and DLM clear.
Posting his new router stats will help determine if there is potential on the upload side of things, and its not DLM.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 75 of 99

Without wishing to appear rude, have you read the whole thread. The problem appears to be a BTWholesale issue and the moderators are having the problem looked into.

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 76 of 99

@Jayebmx no offence ment here but why are you even chiming in on this topic, its way past anything you can think of trying and has absolutely ZERO to do with anything in the property or the copper wire pair from the property to the DSLAM or CP Cabinet.

but for your eyes heres the view of the HH5 section that you need to worry about hehe...

0 Ratings
Jayebmx
Contributor
Message 77 of 99

Yes i did read the posts, and obviously missed that.

Well im a network engineer too, so i have a pretty good concept of idea of how telecom works.

The Community Forums are for helping another, i dont see whats wrong in asking for another post of line stats after he/she said he/she has been resynced twice to see if the stats have stayed the same or improved.

Doesn't really look good on yourselves criticising me for trying to help another customer with my own past experience.

Try and resolve the customers problem and provide helpful advice, rather than having a dig at another user trying to help.

You're welcome.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 78 of 99

I was not having a dig at you. Hence why I said "without wishing to appear rude". If I was having a dig I would not have started my post that way.

It was apparent, as you have confirmed, that you had not read the full thread and taken in what the problem is other wise you would not have posted requesting that the OP post the stats and thus wasting his time.

As you would have seen in message 31 his stats were good even when his speed tests were poor.

As a network engineer I would have thought you would also have known about how IP profiles are set.

You're welcome.

0 Ratings
Jayebmx
Contributor
Message 79 of 99

The reply wasn't aimed at you, yes I might have missed a page by accident, it happens.
Infact I know how IP profiles are set, and they aren't set correctly all the time, and sometimes need correcting.
Look, it's a community forum, think what you want, Theres a time and a place to argue, this is neither the time or the place, let's respect other people in this post who have tried to help also.
Thanks for helping on my post, and I appreciate that.
No hard feelings.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 80 of 99

Having re-read your reply I think it is very clear that it was aimed at me and I think it is also clear I was not showing disrespect to you, just trying to save unnecessarily going over old ground.

I will however now consider this matter closed.

0 Ratings